My earlier thread was way too wordy and sucked....so here goes again-

Recommendation needed: budget guitar & amp-$500-750

Want to be able to play: surf, metal, punk, rockabilly, psychobilly, some blues?

Thank you!
Epiphone G-400 350$
Vox VT30 270$
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
Epiphone G-400 350$
Vox VT30 270$

Definitely on my hot list now! Hadn't really thought about an SG type til now. Thx!
No problemo. Look into Fender Strats, but I'm not sure if they're not suitable for metal.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Your probably looking for an HSS Strat. There's a hell of a lot of choices for amps, though.

Don't get a normal Strat, they'll let you down when you get to the metal stuff.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
If you can find one: Ibanez Jetking 2 - $249

or Fender Fat Strat - $399

Vox Pathfinder 15R ($125) or Epiphone Valve Jr ($150 @ zZounds unless that sale is over then $200). Vox is more versatile but Epi is true tube tone. If you have the extra dough, you can also get the Peavey Valveking 112 instead too - 12" tube amp, but its very loud. I think they run for like $450 bucks? Thats just a number outta my head - too lazy to check LOL
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

LOL my petty doubts :P You're right though
Quote by snarlNbutter
If you can find one: Ibanez Jetking 2 - $249

or Fender Fat Strat - $399

Vox Pathfinder 15R ($125) or Epiphone Valve Jr ($150 @ zZounds unless that sale is over then $200). Vox is more versatile but Epi is true tube tone. If you have the extra dough, you can also get the Peavey Valveking 112 instead too - 12" tube amp, but its very loud. I think they run for like $450 bucks? Thats just a number outta my head - too lazy to check LOL

Jetking 2 looks interesting. Any thoughts on the Jetking 3 or 4? Are they basically the same?