As I've progressed at a guitarist I've really started to notice how **** my DS-1 really is. It was great as a noob but rather then selling it for like $30-$50 (AUD) I thought it might be an idea to get a Keeley Mod installed.

My question is because I am not good with a soldering iron is there a shop in Sydney where they would do the mod if I bought the kit or even better would actually have all the parts and do it? I think it would make my DS-1 usable, and I certainly wouldn't mind getting my crybaby modded either.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Just learn how to solder. Look up some tutorials on youtube, practice soldering wires to a screw and then have at it. It's simple and you can do the mod for 5 dollars worth of components and the cost of solder and an iron.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Still tbh, I've must've gotten my DS-1 from a good batch, I like mine alot. Still, i'd look into a mod.

They're great pedals, provided you don't play for brootals, they're great for boosts and or gain for post rock.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by silly hats
Still tbh, I've must've gotten my DS-1 from a good batch, I like mine alot. Still, i'd look into a mod.

Nah, DS1s are love late. I still wish I had mine, I think that make a nice boost if you set the gain to zero and the level high. They definitely nail the nirvana tone if you crank the gain pretty good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^What Kevin said.

Give Sydney Guitar Setups a call. Even if they can't help you, they'll know who can.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^^
If you do, give me a shout.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣