I'd like to buy an overdrive pedal to use as a solo boost, but I don't know much about them.

I play an LTD Alexi 600 w/ SD Blackout through a Bugera 6262 combo. Obviously, I use a high amount of gain.

I just need something that will give me a good mid boost, and won't overtake my amp's tone.

True bypass is a definite plus for me.

Could you guys suggest some pedals for me to try out?

I have no budget limit - Thanks for the help
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Get an equalizer, perfect for what you want and it'll have more uses than an overdrive in the future.

Or, since you specify no budget, get something nice like a BBE Xotic preamp. A full drive 2 can do what you want very nicely and has plenty of other option to play with.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Kevin Saale
Get an equalizer, perfect for what you want and it'll have more uses than an overdrive in the future.

Or, since you specify no budget, get something nice like a BBE Xotic preamp. A full drive 2 can do what you want very nicely and has plenty of other option to play with.

Thanks for the reply - I was actually considering a 10 band EQ (MXR maybe?).
The MXR is a good piece of kit. If you wanna cheap out, the danoelctro fish n chips is pretty good for the price.
Quote by Kevin Saale
The MXR is a good piece of kit. If you wanna cheap out, the danoelctro fish n chips is pretty good for the price.

I'll look more into an EQ then.

What's the point of an OD as a solo boost then if you can just up the volume with something else?
Last edited by Reds3031 at Jan 31, 2009,
Overdrives can add their own gain, or even act as a stand alone distortion unit. An OD could work for what you want, I just think an EQ will get you there quicker.

You might also try a clean boost, that would probably be cheapest. Only problem is they won't boost your mids.
I guess I have to consider some different options. I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

i have an mxr 10 band EQ and a tube screamer and for a mid boost i use the tube screamer, just sounds very sweet and warms the tone up alot, im through a 333 myself though, liked it more then the 6262.
Quote by enselmis
i have an mxr 10 band EQ and a tube screamer and for a mid boost i use the tube screamer, just sounds very sweet and warms the tone up alot, im through a 333 myself though, liked it more then the 6262.

Tubescreamer would be a good choice, but I think he's looking for something that doesn't change the tone as much. It's certainly worth a shot anyways.
Try a MXR GT-OD or just get that MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.