Yeah I know. Laugh.

But seriously, I play mostly rock influenced things with bits of weird things in there. I tend to like a sort of garage sound, you know? Bright, yet distinct. But I don't want to be too limited. Anyway, I really dig good distortion is what worries me about the Fender. I'm thinking about trading a guitar I have sitting around for the Fender 100 watt. I'm wondering if I should switch over to this much bigger amp. Tell me what you think. I can always sell the L6 for a dist. pedal. Just let me know what kind you would recommend.

My band is at www.myspace.com/7thplace if you want to have a clue as to what sound I'm looking for. I use a Fender Jagmaster, mostly. I'll be getting a tele soon. I know this post is jumbled up but this is a very big concern I have believe it or not. Thanks!
They're both garbage. What's your budget, are you gigging, do you need good cleans, can you go used, where are you located (for the purposes of finding used amps)?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
both garbage

on them
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Yeah I know but I can get the FM212 for pretty much free in a sense. The Line 6 is ****. I'm just looking for good cleans and something I can throw pedals over I guess. Yeah I'm gigging. If I could, I'd buy an Orange AD. So that should tell you loads about me
Well, if you can get it for free I guess it's better than the spider. I'd still try to save every red cent and pick up a better amp in the future.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You could take the Fender as a replacement, it'll be fine aslong as you don't play brootals.

I mean, it doesn't look as bad as spiders.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well for the stuff you're playing I'm inclined to recommend the Fender, however if you're looking for a cheaper good amp look into the Fender Hot Rod series amps in the near future, pick a nice used one up for pretty cheap.
Get the Fender, chuck a Big Muff in front of it, you have a decent setup there.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Don't get any of those they both are garbage. Get like a b-52 or a fender hot rod series or something.
Quote by khariii
Yeah I know but I can get the FM212 for pretty much free in a sense. The Line 6 is ****. I'm just looking for good cleans and something I can throw pedals over I guess. Yeah I'm gigging. If I could, I'd buy an Orange AD. So that should tell you loads about me

It's not like your only options are "Two ****ty amps" and then an Orange. What's your budget? There are other amps that have great tone.
The frontman isnt a great amp but it is better than the spider. It does have something of decent clean channel so would work with pedals for now. Whats the value of the guitar your trading?
PLEASE tell us your budget. We can offer much better amps then those two.

If I had to pick one of them though, it would be the Fender. Decent cleans for the price + takes pedals very well. NEVER use the distortion channel though...
Budget!!!!!!!!!1
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
FM212 is waaaay better than the Spider 3. Yes it sounds like garbage, but its actually useable.
At band practice I have a choice between a spider II and a FM212DSP. The metal channel on the FM actually sounds like it has some weight and brutalness to it (so long as the gain is not set above 6) and can cut through, but the spider always sounds weak and digital with ridiculous amounts of high pitched feedback.

Of course there are better amps for the price, but whatever you do, don't get the spider.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
B-52 At-112.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Okay, just to update this..

I have no budget! Like at all. I have an extra guitar sitting around. It's an Ibanez electric with floyd rose. And it's not exactly my cup of tea, you know? I already own the Line 6 spider III if I didnt make that clear. I'm trying to see what I should do for my upcoming shows. I'm thinking I'll get the Fender and throw a Big Muff on it, possibly a ProCo or MXR. I'm not sure though.
Quote by khariii
Okay, just to update this..

I have no budget! Like at all. I have an extra guitar sitting around. It's an Ibanez electric with floyd rose. And it's not exactly my cup of tea, you know? I already own the Line 6 spider III if I didnt make that clear. I'm trying to see what I should do for my upcoming shows. I'm thinking I'll get the Fender and throw a Big Muff on it, possibly a ProCo or MXR. I'm not sure though.

If by no budget you mean that you have as much money as you need, then thats great. I'd buy a better amp. Probably a Hot Rod Devile. But if by no budget you mean you don't have any money, then I would sell the guitar and the Line 6 Spider and buy a Hot Rod Blues Junior amp. There the best I can think of to give a good bright garage sound tone and can take pedals decently for overdrive.
Quote by The_Bosstone
If by no budget you mean that you have as much money as you need, then thats great. I'd buy a better amp. Probably a Hot Rod Devile. But if by no budget you mean you don't have any money, then I would sell the guitar and the Line 6 Spider and buy a Hot Rod Blues Junior amp. There the best I can think of to give a good bright garage sound tone and can take pedals decently for overdrive.

He's not gonna get a Blues Jr for that price.

The Frontmans cleans are tolerable, but nothing special.