Well, I'm gonna get an effects pedal for my guitar soon, so I was wondering if the floor pod like this was any good. And when I get a bass is the bass version good as well? I'm looking for some metal tones for both.
It'd probably be ok for metal bass.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Look at the Zoom Multi-FX pedals. They are much better. Just remember that a multi-fx pedal is NEVER as good and buying the stompboxes.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I have a pod X# live, and I love it. I hated it at first, but only bc I didn't know how to create a good tone. Once you have that down, it's awesome. And btw, if you get an X3 Live, it has bass and acoustic AND vocal effects and stuff.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
im not sure wat to tell u. but ive got a pod x3 live...and havent used it after giving up on it in the first few weeks...the sound was so retardedly digital...i rly just couldnt find any good sounds...im not sayin its not good tho..cuz at the same time ill go on youtube and hear people get sum pretty amazing tones off of it. hell ill even follow sum instruction vids tht teach u step by step how to get a certain sound with all the settings, and mine sounds nothing like wat they hav...so its not like im doing anything wrong...tried takin it bak but they wouldnt let me...ill prolly sell it off craigs list...hell who wants it? ill sell for $100 less or sumthin. ive barely ever used it..everything looks new. dudes told me there was nothinwrong with it apparently its just i dnt like the sound i guess...o.O
Quote by random_B-RAD
Look at the Zoom Multi-FX pedals. They are much better. Just remember that a multi-fx pedal is NEVER as good and buying the stompboxes.

No. The Pods are infinitely better than the Zooms.
Quote by IamAwesomeness
im not sure wat to tell u. but ive got a pod x3 live...and havent used it after giving up on it in the first few weeks...the sound was so retardedly digital...i rly just couldnt find any good sounds...im not sayin its not good tho..cuz at the same time ill go on youtube and hear people get sum pretty amazing tones off of it. hell ill even follow sum instruction vids tht teach u step by step how to get a certain sound with all the settings, and mine sounds nothing like wat they hav...so its not like im doing anything wrong...tried takin it bak but they wouldnt let me...ill prolly sell it off craigs list...hell who wants it? ill sell for $100 less or sumthin. ive barely ever used it..everything looks new. dudes told me there was nothinwrong with it apparently its just i dnt like the sound i guess...o.O

Keep trying kid. I've had mine for over a year and it sounds great.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by IamAwesomeness

You have to play with th regular 6-knob eq a bit, and also mess with the 10 band eq in the chain.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by random_B-RAD
1) Look at the Zoom Multi-FX pedals. They are much better. 2) Just remember that a multi-fx pedal is NEVER as good and buying the stompboxes.

1) That is up to taste. For me, it's the other way around.
2) Often? - Maybe. Always? - No.
Yes floor pods are great, if you spend some time setting it up you won't be dissapointed. I've found that with Line 6 pods the guitar and the pickups make all the difference in the world, I have tried to use an Epi Sg through my pod x3 live and I spent days trying to set it up but then I bought a schecter C1 and even the stock settings sounded great (I'm not a guitar n00b and I have been playing for 6years and used all sorts of multi effects so I know what I'm doing) I run my pod into an orange ad30 if that helps
GEAR.

Schecter C1 FR Alpine White
Epi SG 310 (Heavily Modded)
Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!
Quote by 13-GUITARIST
Yes floor pods are great, if you spend some time setting it up you won't be dissapointed. I've found that with Line 6 pods the guitar and the pickups make all the difference in the world, I have tried to use an Epi Sg through my pod x3 live and I spent days trying to set it up but then I bought a schecter C1 and even the stock settings sounded great (I'm not a guitar n00b and I have been playing for 6years and used all sorts of multi effects so I know what I'm doing) I run my pod into an orange ad30 if that helps

Ok, cool. I'll probably end up getting the pods after I get my bass, bass amp, new guitar amp, and new guitar (probably Explorer, is the Epihphone one any good?), in that order.