Ok, so I had my mind set on a ibanez xiphos xpt700, but heard about the bridge and sh*t, but still wanted it. But now I have just discovered how much I love Dean guitars, and that I badly want a Dean Razorback 255 DimeSlime, or Dean from hell CFH/Dean DFH Slime. What would you choose and why?
Honestly? Something that didn't say "Dime" on it.

EDIT: They're overly-expensive and don't offer much when compared alongside other guitars in that price range. Now that i think about it... i haven't found a single thing i like that is associated with Dime.

but... it's ur choice.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 31, 2009,
none of them, cause they are just as ugly as the xiphos and im pretty sure they all have LFRs, which are or are nearly as bad as the xiphos. xiphos atleast has decent p/us
255s are supposed to be really good guitars. i have a DB and i'm going to get a 255 7 if Dean's (the actual person) new company doesn't make a 7 string in the next year. see if the usa razorbacks are a little cheaper, or the razorback DB floyd model. they're delicate and be careful with the wiring mines a little loose but i abuse it, i used it like a tremelo pedal and turned off the neck pickup then i flicked the toggle switch up and down to get the effect.

anyways the dean from hell isn't bad, nor are the razorbacks. just have to try them out to see if you like them
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
unfortunately with deans you need to spend over a thousand to get to the really good ones. its like this with a few manufacturers actually :/ i would save a little more and check out some Jackson's and some esp/ltd guitars
id go with the razorback.

what comes next is all my opinion, so please do go and bash me.

they have really good action, a great distorted sound, and the razorback looks f**king sick.
Out of curiosity I just went on MF and did a search for Dean to see how many dime models they have.Believe it or not,I counted 23 individual guitars with the word "Dime" on them and a bunch of his aesthetics plastered all over them.I'm sorry Dean and Dime fans,but that's just ****ing ridiculous.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Imo, get the xiphos out that list, but i would choose a more normal shaped guitar with some killer p/u, just for playing comfort...
Quote by Jeroenofzo
Imo, get the xiphos out that list, but i would choose a more normal shaped guitar with some killer p/u, just for playing comfort...

no... If you don't look good, you won't play good. And those Dean ML's look flawless, I just gotta find out which ML model to get (any help?)... The Xiphos was doing it for me, but I already own an Ibanez and I'm not a big fan of the neck on mine, I like the dean V shaped neck.
lol i play fine on anything and ive got some ugly guitars.
I traded my xiphos for a 7 string..
the edge 3 sucks ass, dean razorbacks are not horrible, the trem is good, just trust me..it wont stay in tune that well..
best off getting either a nice jackson rr5fr or ltd m1000
the v neck..you lose the novelty after about 2 hours..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
lol i play fine on anything and ive got some ugly guitars.
I traded my xiphos for a 7 string..
the edge 3 sucks ass, dean razorbacks are not horrible, the trem is good, just trust me..it wont stay in tune that well..
best off getting either a nice jackson rr5fr or ltd m1000
the v neck..you lose the novelty after about 2 hours..

sounds like a fantastic trem.
BC rich NJ deluxe V

EMGS OFR Neck throught and almost half the price of the dean
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
In my experience, any Dime guitar is a cheap-as* POS with his name slapped onto the bloody thing so they can sell it for more money.

The dean from hell i tried felt and sounded horribly cheap. The trem felt like a piece of crap.

I'd take an ibanez over a dean any day, edge 3 or not.
Dude, this is a question that only you can answer. Go to your local guitar shops and play every guitar you can. Make sure you look for the feel, tone, versatility, and overall price in the guitar.
Quote by onetenpercent
No I don't mean the headstock (even though it looks ****ing sick) I mean the actual neck. Dean's have sort of a v shaped neck,like some guitars have C some have U.

yes.. i know what you meant..as i have a bloody razorback..2 of them!
the v neck wears off..i still prefer using the baseball bat style schecter.. the v does nothing for me really..
Quote by stephen_rettie
sounds like a fantastic trem.

its not all bad, like for first 3-4 months was great, stayed in tune unless you do really painful pulls ups on it.. but when it came round to like 5 months maybe 6 of owning it, the knife edges were getting blunt quite quick..things went downhill from there..
but tbh i do abuse it alot.