I have a Line6 SpiderIII HD150 head. I love it. I can crank it at really big gigs and it sounds amazing. but it overheats when i play hot afternoon gigs or it's REALLY hot like 120+ degrees (i live in Saudi Arabia). that's my only complaint. I've always wanted a tube amp i guess and i'm looking for a new head. I have the spider cab and it is really great, so i only need a new head.

my price range isn't set by any means yet, because i have no idea when i'm going to try to buy this.

I'm getting all my effects from pedals because it's just much easier.

I've always wanted a Marshall. but i'm open to anything.

(if this helps) I play a lot of music. but mostly Progressive (Dream Theater to Yes), Metal (Malmsteen, Vai, Metallica, Ozzy), Hard rock (GN'R), and Jazz. along with my own stuff which takes in aspects of all of the above.

It also needs to have a really great clean channel.

I only use humbuckers (see the guitars in my sig).
Budget (how much does gear cost over there and how easy is it to get also)?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
you cannot get a head in Saudi Arabia. unless you get it used, and that doesn't really happen. so i'm looking for a new head. and i won't be able to try it out for a good while if at all until it's mine.
I've actually seen two Spider heads burn out and fizzle out on stage during shows. Both were from our friends' bands. Good decision.
You need to talk to someone like a good tech guy at Hiwatt who will advise what you need for your climate. Of course they'll try to sell you their best head but their reliability in pro working situations gives them an edge over both the hobbyist companies and the giants. I've seen many an independent stage fan used in hot situations to keep valve amps cool, but properly suppressed internal fan might be all you need.
Ooh - check out Carvin. They make darn good amps that are priced pretty fairly.
will a tube amp overheat as well? because i know that the spiderIII HD150s have a reputation for overheating. I really don't play many gigs when it's hot, but i want to have that option.

the spiderIII was really great about getting my perfect tone. but i want a new head that will a) be physically suitable for my playing and b) be able to get me my tones. however like i said, i use pedals.
what a novel idea...

very true. but i want to make sure that i get something that WILL NOT overheat. if i go with what you're saying, i'm looking at a Marshall or a Mesa Boogie. and i dont' know anything at all about Mesa amps. but from what i've read, they seem like modeling amps with tubes. i'd really like to see what it can do though.

Marshall Vintage Modern VS Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier?

and i can't find the dual rectifier online for prices.
Quote by Sonic Blast
what a novel idea...

very true. but i want to make sure that i get something that WILL NOT overheat. if i go with what you're saying, i'm looking at a Marshall or a Mesa Boogie. and i dont' know anything at all about Mesa amps. but from what i've read, they seem like modeling amps with tubes. i'd really like to see what it can do though.

Marshall Vintage Modern VS Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier?

and i can't find the dual rectifier online for prices.

I'm REALLY interested where you read this, link me?
Sweet.
Quote by BC_Warlock
I'm REALLY interested where you read this, link me?

i don't know what i'm talking about. i've been researching this all morning and i've already proven myself wrong. i now know that's incorrect. that was based off how it has tubes, but the amp has 8 modes.

does anyone know where i can find a pricing guide for mesa amps?

the Mark V has a built in fan!!!
Quote by Sonic Blast
i don't know what i'm talking about. i've been researching this all morning and i've already proven myself wrong. i now know that's incorrect. that was based off how it has tubes, but the amp has 8 modes.

does anyone know where i can find a pricing guide for mesa amps?

the Mark V has a built in fan!!!

Um i don't know the location of a price guide, but what mesa are you particularly interested in?
Sweet.
if you could tell me how much the Mark Five is, that would be great!

also i have to buy this over the internet. being in the place i am. do you know where i could?
Quote by Sonic Blast
if you could tell me how much the Mark Five is, that would be great!

also i have to buy this over the internet. being in the place i am. do you know where i could?

the mark V is gonna be over 2000 dollars here in the US, and i dont even want to imagine how much it would cost in saudi arabia...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the mark V is gonna be over 2000 dollars here in the US, and i dont even want to imagine how much it would cost in saudi arabia...

actually the head is 1900 $. Looks like mesa has no offical dealer in SA. best is to contact mesa directly and get a quote from them about the price + shipping.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I could have told you that about the dealer.

really? 1900? that's sounding slightly more affordable... but still a lot.

I'm not going to ship it over. I'll have it shipped to my grandparent's house and i'll pick it up when i visit the states.

where are you finding this information out? I can't find anything about the Mark 5 on the internet other than on the mesaboogie website.