okay I've been looking for a new amp latley and made a thread a bit ago and I am now down to four amps.

Splawn Competition: I really truly love this amp, It does the marshall thing REALLY well and the high gain too it's the number 1 amp for me right now. I love the punch and clarity in the it it just hits you in the chest, it's amazing I love it. I don't know that I dislike anything about this amp.

Marshall Silver Jubille: never played one, I'm basing my opinion on clips but from what I hear its the number two spot for me. I like how it sounds like AC/DC and slash and all those people in a box it's really cool but I hate that all at the same time, I want my own sound but I still want the marshall sound. I dislike the amount of presence, there seems to be a ton of it. I also LOVE the clean sound

Bogner Shiva (EL34): I like this amp in that it sounds great, it really does, it's a bit out of my range though, but I like the well roundedness of it it does the marshall thing very well but also does a really nice clean and can impersonate other things well. this is number 3 on my list.

Budda Superdrive 45
: I REALLY like the vintage vibe of this it's great it's got the plexi thing down but I don't think it has quite enough gain for my tastes and it's gonna be hard to do some of the stuff I want with it.

So what do you guys think would be best for me.

Boston
AC/DC
Van Halen
Ratt
Skillet
Pillar
Lincoln Brewster
Eric Clapton
Joe Bonamassa
Eric Johnson
Queen
Styx
Bon Jovi
Switchfoot
ZZ Top

so I range from down and dirty blues to metal to Classic rock, most of the bands I listed use plexi's JCM800s or Mark IVs, so I'm really after a marshall tone, I don't think I want the superdrive, it's a bit to, I don't know what the word is it's just the odd one out you know.

but I"m really liking the splawn.

Opinions?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I like all four of em I'm just wondering what you guys think would be better I want more than just my opinion I don't want to buy an amp just because I think it's right
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
You should buy the amp if YOU think it's right.
Completely owned yourself there.

If you like the amp, buy it. It's your decision, you know what your after. Get me?
Sweet.
yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. I just want some second opinions on all 4 of those
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Wat?

No Bad Cat BC-50
Or 65 Amps

Should get a Soldano Avenger 50
splawn or jube

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Jub - only because i suspect it likes pedals more.

It is more of a blank canvas to work on.

On the other hand - Splawn really does have a nice voicing.

No Budda though - Joe used them for some time (liked em) but they fell by the wayside and the stock Jubs have always been there.
Jeez, Brett! I would think the Splawn is the clear winner here. It will do anything the other 3 amps can do, except probably with better clarity. The build quality is superb, w/ the Budda being the only thing that'd come close there, but every Budda I've tried is way too short on gain for my taste. You won't be playing old VH on a Budda, brudda!
Get the damn Splawn & get down to some jamming !
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
, okay, I think the splawn's it guys, thanks for the help
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
the silver jubliee is really nice !

also consider the vintage modern by marshall for a real classic van halen tone
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
meh the VM is good but not good enough
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
It's pretty clear that you want the splawn

Gopher it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
to each his own

but like the dude already said the jub is like a blank canvas
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
I was going to save up and grab a splawn competition, amazing amps. tried one once and fell in love instantly!

But I decided to drop my budget greatly and spend the majority of my money on other things, and got a classic 30
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808