Page 1 of 8
I saw this group on facebook recently, called "This Is England" And here's what it say's..

"IMMIGRANTS. NOT BRITONS, MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the 'politically correct' crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain . However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of England being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and women who laid down their lives and of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St.George's cross offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

We didn't force you to come here. If you don't like it GO HOME!!

You asked to be here. So accept the country that accepted YOU. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

this is not racist it is a fight for our ENGLAND "

I personally think it is right, i haven no problem with Immigrant's, but when the cultural side of England starts to dissapear, they have to adapt, however not to the extreme of the author.

TL;dr : People have a problem with immigrants coming in and the country having cultural and historical elements changing to suit them.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Jan 31, 2009,
England has no culture.

/thread
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Pff that was painful work just to try and read through all of that garbage, it's basically just a racist with a conscience, this extreme kindof nationalism is disgusting, it only serves to divide people and foster hatred and mistrust. Britain is a land of Germans, Vikings, and Normans anyway, each successive wave of people have massacred the previous occupants. Hell, even your royal family isn't 'english' and hasn't been 'english' for 1000 years. As a privileged western nation we should be welcoming those who are in need of asylum or looking for work.

It's people who wrote that who are the British people sitting on the dole while eastern europeans come and work industriously and pay their taxes and contribute to the huge cultural wealth that England is fortunate to benefit from.

This barely disguised racism makes me sick, if you ain't got balls big enough to come out and say, "if you come to england, become english, because I don't like your skin colour, language, or culture" then stfu.

/rant
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
The thing that makes me giggle in the face of all of this is how the UK's culture was piggybacked from a number of different places all over the world.

Christmas trees were popularized by Prince Albert. He was German ffs.

All these bigoted arseholes need to remember that sometimes.

Quote by bigot

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St.George's cross offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

Shame about the convention of separation of powers between the Church and the Crown then.

Quote by bigot

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

We have a pledge? That's news to me.
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 31, 2009,
I can see where they're coming from and I believe it in a sense. But not that extreme. I honestly do hate how Britain is adapting for everyone else and we're no longer "Britain". Hell, I don't even consider myself British anymore.
uhhhh
england has shocking weather why go there?:P
but theres always people like it you just need to ignore them or educate them
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
National Pride
I can't stand all these parasites coming here too leech of the country then complaining about everything
I debate about this particular subject quite alot just re-stringing my guitar so don't feel like typing to much atm

EDIT: However I don't have any problem with anyone who comes here with the intention of working to better their life and is willing to accept our culture
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Last edited by Jesus=ConArtist at Jan 31, 2009,
I find that just to be a case of national pride. A sense of conservative nationalism. I doubt there is anything really sinister about this. I completely agree with the point that multiculturalism is just there to drain our sovereignty. There are few other countries in the world that have citizens speaking the language of other countries. I think, and this is only my opinion, that people are really afraid to be proud of being British because it is deemed as racist even though many other people are proud to be Iranian, Lebanese, Chinese etc...
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
AMEN BROTHER.

We have the same problem here in the US. Everyone wants to come here. Then once they're here, they expect us to adapt to thier culture.

A couple of years ago, a Somali man came after two policemen with a knife. The cops shot and killed him. The Somali community was in an uproar, claiming that we didn't understand thier ways. The family sued the city, which settled out of court for a couple hundred thousand dollars.

Now we have a "president", that's only going to assist this type of crap.
There's a civil war brewing. Glad I own a gun!
There's my way and the wrong way.
By the by:

Polish plumbers > British plumbers.

They take the same pay but actually turn up on time and finish the job. The only reason Polish people are pushing people out of jobs is because they're more willing to work. What an alien concept, eh?
Quote by webbtje

We have a pledge? That's news to me.

Did not personally write this, hece the Quotation marks.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Last edited by cliff_em_all at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by seth's daddy

Now we have a "president", that's only going to assist this type of crap.
There's a civil war brewing. Glad I own a gun!

Quote by cliff_em_all
Did not personally write this, hece the Quotation marks.

I know, I just could nae be bothered to take your name out. Fixed
I think he's trying just a bit too hard there..
Last edited by ~Moby Dick~ at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by webbtje

I know, I just could nae be bothered to take your name out. Fixed

Fair enough, just saying incase people start thinking its all my idea's
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by goth clash
I find that just to be a case of national pride. A sense of conservative nationalism. I doubt there is anything really sinister about this. I completely agree with the point that multiculturalism is just there to drain our sovereignty. There are few other countries in the world that have citizens speaking the language of other countries. I think, and this is only my opinion, that people are really afraid to be proud of being British because it is deemed as racist even though many other people are proud to be Iranian, Lebanese, Chinese etc...

This is moronic. The majority of other countries in the world, especially the old (and current) colonial and imperialist powers have large numbers of citizens speaking other languages, as a legacy of their past history of oppression. Britain in particular went all the world massacring other cultures, suppressing their cultural identity, forcing them to speak english, not least in Ireland. England has always thrived on an institutionalised borderline racism, and has never really been able to come to terms with the fact that so much of what makes England 'English' is in fact imported from other cultures. English people are some of the most welcoming, yet have a deep-set complex of racism that doesn't necessarily manifest itself in attacks on the street, but in more subtle ways. People aren't afraid of being 'British' they just recognise that you don't have to hate other cultures, recognising the invaluable contribution that other cultures have made to British culture is an inherent part of the pride of British Culture.

Britain has never been a homogenous society and as much as you conservative Albion idyll-chasers would have us believe, it never will be.

Britain by definition is multicultural - the Irish are as different to the English as the Scots are to the Welsh, Britain is a land of Europeans, Asians, of people from all over the world, and as a british subject, that is something I am immmensely proud of.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Quote by Trickycindy
This is moronic. The majority of other countries in the world, especially the old (and current) colonial and imperialist powers have large numbers of citizens speaking other languages, as a legacy of their past history of oppression. Britain in particular went all the world massacring other cultures, suppressing their cultural identity, forcing them to speak english, not least in Ireland. England has always thrived on an institutionalised borderline racism, and has never really been able to come to terms with the fact that so much of what makes England 'English' is in fact imported from other cultures. English people are some of the most welcoming, yet have a deep-set complex of racism that doesn't necessarily manifest itself in attacks on the street, but in more subtle ways. People aren't afraid of being 'British' they just recognise that you don't have to hate other cultures, recognising the invaluable contribution that other cultures have made to British culture is an inherent part of the pride of British Culture.

Britain has never been a homogenous society and as much as you conservative Albion idyll-chasers would have us believe, it never will be.

Britain by definition is multicultural - the Irish are as different to the English as the Scots are to the Welsh, Britain is a land of Europeans, Asians, of people from all over the world, and as a british subject, that is something I am immmensely proud of.

This.

More elaborate than my Christmas trees argument, first thing that sprang to mind
I don't have a problem with immigrants but you do here about certain ethnic minorities immigrating and then segregating themselves from society because WE do not conform with their way of life, or more specifically the laws of their religion. Britain is meant to be a place of union not a land of individual clans. It seems Britain has taken a step backward in this respect.
Quote by Trickycindy
and as a british subject, that is something I am immmensely proud of.

I agree to a point with you here, In school 3 years ago they banned the use of England football shirts in P.E, nothing to do with Yob connections as we were only 15, however, kids from other country's wore other national sport shirts and nothing was said about it.

One of the reason's on this site is banning of Premier League tops at P.E in school, which i can understand as people will argue over this, but not allowing me and my friends to wear our England shirts and allowing other's to wear there Country's shirt?
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by spunkeymonkey36
I don't have a problem with immigrants but you do here about certain ethnic minorities immigrating and then segregating themselves from society because WE do not conform with their way of life, or more specifically the laws of their religion. Britain is meant to be a place of union not a land of individual clans. It seems Britain has taken a step backward in this respect.

It's kind of hard to learn a new language and then instantly fit in with a completely different culture overnight.
Trickycindy nailed the argument like pedobear nails kiddies.

There is no unique, distinct, "British" culture. Our culture is the product of thousands of years of immigration, emigration, exchanging of ideas and a general 'throw everything together and see what happens' approach. I welcome immigration not only because it's the most healthy thing for any country, but I'm fervently hoping that all the 'send the buggers back' believers will pack up and get the hell out.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
'send the buggers back' .

Hijacking my own thread here, But the scene in Pheonix Nights where he order's the racist skiffle band by mistake and doesen't realise untill half way in
Quote by ZanasCross

Lol, are they been hideously ironic or have they just never heard of or seen the film 'this is england'?

Anyway that's all bollocks, yeah.

Quote by boreamor
Scotland has a much larger and more intense National Pride going on atm. Go somewhere that wants you.

And yet remains less racist, and needs immigrants more. So yeah, come here.lol.

I have absolutely no problem with the a sense of of 'pride', indeed if you speak to most people from Scotland, Yorkshire and Sommerset (from my experience) they're all proud of it... but not to the exclusion of other people.

people who don't want other cultures are ignorant, in my opinion. It's great to have other cultures, to learn about other people... who wants to be surrounded by people that are the 'same' as you, in the end? Experience new things!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by cliff_em_all
Hijacking my own thread here, But the scene in Pheonix Nights where he order's the racist skiffle band by mistake and doesen't realise untill half way in

I totally forgot about that, it's a brilliant scene.

Ok, here's the challenge. Anyone who supports this idea of 'cultural erosion,' explain to me exactly what British culture actually is.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by webbtje
It's kind of hard to learn a new language and then instantly fit in with a completely different culture overnight.

funny how you see these people shouting their veiws in english very clearly on television. maybe these zealouts don't speak for everyone of their ethnicity but the fact theyre on tv means its recieving a large audience from both parties. Of course the media may be trying to rile everybody up but people like this who cause trouble by preaching hate need to be deported so everyone can get along.
Quote by spunkeymonkey36
but people like this who cause trouble by preaching hate need to be deported so everyone can get along.

The hypocrisy of this statement is mind-boggling.

Did you even read the load of prime BNP material that group contained? How the fuck is that not preaching hate?

Quote by meh!

And yet remains less racist, and needs immigrants more. So yeah, come here.

Especially as I am to be found in Edinburgh one weekend in two.

DO IT
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 31, 2009,
Both the main parties in Britain are xenophobic, so i woudln't be surprised.

Isn't that what is says on the m6 as you come into England 'Welcome to Scotland - Webbtje in Edinburgh everyone other week X'
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
What I find funny is that when Nick Griffin goes on the lash, the first thing he does on his way home is stop for a fucking Kebab.

If we 'sent them all back' all we'd have is over-boiled vegetables and over-boiled fish.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Quote by Trickycindy

If we 'sent them all back' all we'd have is over-boiled vegetables and over-boiled fish.

Lancashire hotpot takeaway?

*opens shop*
Immigration is just a means for rich faceless high lords to increase the labor force, increasing supply of workers so it's far higher than the demand, thus being able to lower salaries. With a too large work force it's also possible to stress the workers like hell for 3 years until they are burnt out, and then replace them. The burnt out lie in hospital for a year without salary, then they're ready to be slaves again.

The whole "tolerance" thing is just a charade. These rich people live in gated communities that shut out any immigrants.

I think it's stupid for immigrants and natives to fight one another. All are part of the nation, and it's in the interest of all to stop the waves of new immigrants. Then the immigrants who have already arrived should join the native population and together throw out the parasitic scum that have escaped the wrath of the people for far too long.
Last edited by narciso_yepes at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by neopowell
I totally forgot about that, it's a brilliant scene.

Ok, here's the challenge. Anyone who supports this idea of 'cultural erosion,' explain to me exactly what British culture actually is.

Fish and Chips

>.>

<.<

Also, that was a joke before you go on a rant about how chips are actually french in origin or something equally well reasoned and argued
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Trickycindy

I beg to differ. You seem like someone who doesn't embrace the implications of being British. You completely disregarded the point that I was making - We are not allowed to be proud of being British. The other stuff was just supplementary to it. I know the history of Britain and where we have come from. I know we're a mishmash of different influences. But I'm proud of that fact and in the current state of affairs within the country today it seems that it is disallowed by some unwritten law. I think that without pride in where you come from, no matter where it is, you cannot truly call yourself a citizen of the country. When people come in to this country and apply for citizenship then they should embrace the culture that surrounds them. A lot of people immigrating from other countries tend to stick to their old ways and reject what Britain is about. This is the kind of immigrant that I don't like. It's isolating themselves and, quite frankly, if they do this they might as well just go home. No "modern thinking" liberal is going to change my mind on this matter.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
National Pride is rubbish.
What do we have to be proud of? What are we trying to hold on to? Great Britain doesn't have a massive empire anymore nor do we have any culture.

Great Britain has lost all of its pride? Really? Did the imigrants steal it off us? No they didn't, the British people are so lazy and are so stuck with this belief they are the greatest that they don't feel they need to work as hard when someone else will do it. We're British! Why should we do all of those ****ty jobs?
It's that mentality that turned Great Britain into what it is today, immigrants come in and they don't steal jobs, they work harder for less, they come to work on time and even though there are immigrants who are illegal, you get them everywhere, asnd they aren't as much of a drain on society as those 17 year old mothers of 3 kids who live on benefits (who in fairness probably share the sentiments of that article). And how do the British people react to these hard workers? KICK THEM OUT, ****ING ILLEGALS. Why? Because they put you to shame?

The United Kingdom is such a mongrel nation anyway, barely any of us actually descended from Britons, the rest of us are either Norman/French, Roman or Norse or whatever, and now all of a sudden we don't need immigrants? We are a nation of immigrants and the sooner these cretins get the fact into their skull that they are the ones ruining our heritage, not Polish plumbers, the ****ing better.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.