Sounds retarded, I know, but I have a Strat, and am just looking for an acoustic to dink around on. Quality is obviously not a paramount concern. So long as it's not utter crap (ie, First Act stuff, etc, etc.), I'm ok with it. Again, have a nice electric, just wanting an acoustic to play around on. Not wanting to spend much money at all, because while I can afford much more than this, there's really no reason for me to pay it. Thoughts?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RA100D-Dreadnought-Guitar?sku=511192

Seems to fit the criteria. Again, at $70, I'm not expecting much, and I know I won't get much. What I want it a working acoustic, that won't go out of tune every 5 minutes, and doesn't buzz at every fret.

Thanks much guys.
The only way that you can be sure of what you're buying is to go to a guitar shop and try out a couple of guitars.

I have a rather cheap electro-acoustic (~$160) that I bought because I loved the way it sounds.
I don't have a signature
Where I live,.. they sell these guitars branded 'TGM',... They will cost around 30USD but they suck real bad,.. go out of tune,.. and whoah the tone sucked bad!
I guess the Rogue would be okay. A friend on mine's younger sister has it, and it doesn't sound all that great. I know this is a little more, http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jasmine-by-Takamine-S35-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516451 but if you put good strings on it, it should sound okay.

edit: check this out too you get a case also.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Jan 31, 2009,
For that much money, you really aren't going to find a guitar that is worth playing. The least I would spend on an acoustic is around $200.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
The best acoustic under $75, without a shadow of a doubt is...

a second hand one.
good luck friend. one day you will realize the beauty of the sound of a nice acoustic and want your 70 bucks back haha. but seriously good luck if you find something decent then more power to ya!
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
good luck friend look theres no mach in 75 $ but my guitar cost almost the same 80eruo
and she doing awsome sound
just take your self from the chair and go to couple of shop try couple of guitars
and if you dont know how to play request your friend com with you and he will play couple of things and youl say if you like the sound or no
hope you good luck
Hey guys, why don't you keep telling him how dumb his idea is instead of suggesting something useful? He clearly knows this guitar won't sound stellar. All he wants is a box with strings that make musical notes attached. How about suggesting a place to get such an item and providing useful information about it? Basically he asked for info on buying a cheap acoustic guitar, and you guys said, "Well, cheap guitars won't sound good. You should buy an expensive one." He's not going to be like, "Oh! I didn't realize expensive guitars might be better than cheap guitars! Thanks guys!" No, he's going to want to know how to get the best guitar for the amount of money he suggested in the first place.

EDIT:

I have the perfect analogy. What if somebody came up to you and said, "Ok, I want a car. I have $10,000. I know the car I'll get for that amount won't be awesome, but that's the amount I have. I just want something to get around in."

You wouldn't be stupid enough to say, "Look, You won't get a car worth driving unless you spend at least $40,000 to have a car that you can appreciate. You'll really like your Land Rover more than that crappy car you'll get for $40,000." Of course, he knows he can get a better guitar. You'd have to be a caveman foreign to capitalism to miss it.
Last edited by jakelauer at Feb 2, 2009,
I bought an Ibanez V series acoustic, usually $200 USD, for $70 on ebay. I played it for 3 years, and it sounded surprisingly good, before my clumsy ass snapped the headstock. Look on ebay for cheap older Ibanezs, if you are patient you are bound to stumble across a really good deal.
Quote by in2thesun88
I bought an Ibanez V series acoustic, usually $200 USD, for $70 on ebay. I played it for 3 years, and it sounded surprisingly good, before my clumsy ass snapped the headstock. Look on ebay for cheap older Ibanezs, if you are patient you are bound to stumble across a really good deal.

See, this is a helpful post. Well done, sir.
Quote by jakelauer
Hey guys, why don't you keep telling him how dumb his idea is instead of suggesting something useful? He clearly knows this guitar won't sound stellar. All he wants is a box with strings that make musical notes attached. How about suggesting a place to get such an item and providing useful information about it? Basically he asked for info on buying a cheap acoustic guitar, and you guys said, "Well, cheap guitars won't sound good. You should buy an expensive one." He's not going to be like, "Oh! I didn't realize expensive guitars might be better than cheap guitars! Thanks guys!" No, he's going to want to know how to get the best guitar for the amount of money he suggested in the first place.

EDIT:

I have the perfect analogy. What if somebody came up to you and said, "Ok, I want a car. I have $10,000. I know the car I'll get for that amount won't be awesome, but that's the amount I have. I just want something to get around in."

You wouldn't be stupid enough to say, "Look, You won't get a car worth driving unless you spend at least $40,000 to have a car that you can appreciate. You'll really like your Land Rover more than that crappy car you'll get for $40,000." Of course, he knows he can get a better guitar. You'd have to be a caveman foreign to capitalism to miss it.

Nice job of sinking down to everyone elses level there. You gripe that no one's being helpful to the TS, and yet you yourself aren't being helpful either, just flaming everyone else. That could get you a warning in here if it keeps up. Just to let you know. These threads are to assist the original threadstarter(TS) with his/her problem, not to allow ppl such as yourself a personal area to vent as they please.

And to the TS, if you have pawn shops in your area, go to those and have a look around. Craigslist is another option. Other than that, the bay will undoubtedly have an acoustic for that price range at some point, and some you can just buy outright, without needing to bid on them. $75 won't get you much in the way of a brand new guitar, but could get you a decent used one. Just need to keep your eyes and ears open to the deals available to you when they happen.
pawn shops dont really carry good cheap guitars. they overprice used ones

Look on craigslist and ebay

Ibanez guitars in general dont hold their value well, so they're always cheap used
Quote by Skeet UK
The best acoustic under $75, without a shadow of a doubt is...

a second hand one.

I repeat my initial (first helpful) statement...
Quote by LeftyDave
Nice job of sinking down to everyone elses level there. You gripe that no one's being helpful to the TS, and yet you yourself aren't being helpful either, just flaming everyone else. That could get you a warning in here if it keeps up. Just to let you know. These threads are to assist the original threadstarter(TS) with his/her problem, not to allow ppl such as yourself a personal area to vent as they please.

And to the TS, if you have pawn shops in your area, go to those and have a look around. Craigslist is another option. Other than that, the bay will undoubtedly have an acoustic for that price range at some point, and some you can just buy outright, without needing to bid on them. $75 won't get you much in the way of a brand new guitar, but could get you a decent used one. Just need to keep your eyes and ears open to the deals available to you when they happen.

I know the OP personally. We talked about the issue on the phone, so there was no need to post in the thread. He told me he wasn't getting good answers, so I tried to get the thread on the right track. And guess what? It worked.
if ebay is an option, look up seattle goodwill they tend to post up decent guitars for no reserve. i missed out on a takamine guitar selling for $30.
actually yesterday i was looking around for some cheap nylon string acoustics, and found a few selling for $50 shipped. not bad if you're expectations are low as hell.
good luck.
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
Check out guitarimports.com. I have a TGX and it sure ain't the best, but it works. And it's my babay, I learned on her.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert