I need a new amp for metal/new metal. (an A7X/BFMV tone would be preferable)

- needs to be about £100-£150 (usually 30 watt)
- 30 watt is nice
- Work well with my pedal (boss metal zone) but if the amp could sound good without a pedal that's great.
- heavy distortion & decent cleans (very heavy )

amps i've thought about:
Vox AD-30VT
Roland Cube
Spider III 30 watt
Last edited by Sammm1 at Jan 31, 2009,
I think you need to save up more and buy something decent, that isnt digitally modelled.
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Out of those three amps the best one for metal would be the cube which is what I'd go for if I played metal and was going to buy one of those amps.

Quote by lorrythebassguy
I think you need to save up more and buy something decent, that isnt digitally modelled.

Well that depends on what he wants the amp for. Hes going for 30 Watts solid state I assume he's after a practice amp. The Vox and the Roland are perfectly good practice amps.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Jan 31, 2009,
Is the cube heavy enough for avenged sevenfold songs?

and thanks for the help ;D
Last edited by Sammm1 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Sammm1
I need a new amp for metal/new metal. (an A7X/BFMV tone would be preferable)

- needs to be about £100-£150 (usually 30 watt)
- 30 watt is nice
- Work well with my pedal (boss metal zone) but if the amp could sound good without a pedal that's great.
- heavy distortion & decent cleans (very heavy )

amps i've thought about:
Vox AD-30VT
Roland Cube
Spider III 30 watt

First, dont get the spider. The Roland Cube is way superiour to the spider, so out of the ones you've thought about, the Cube is my best advice
Gear
Guitar: Ibanez SAS32EX
Amp: Marshall JCM800 4210
With the little help from a TS9
Quote by ..NEM..
I hate Swedes.
It's got some hi-gain settings. I use cube 60s alot and can get hi-gain sounds out of them. I don't see why the 30 should be any different.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I've got a Cube 30 and I went through a phase of playing that kinda music, and it coped pretty well. Overall, I'd say it is a brilliant amp though, although it doesn't take pedals hugely well.
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y