So I'm looking for a new amp. First I was going for Peavey Valveking, but since I'm playing alot of metal kind of stuff, kinda heavy, I'm more for a Marshall.

So I looked for some used amps, and found the Marshall JCM 800 Combo 4210 50W. Went to try it out, sounded good, tho had to replace a tube, and it had some visual defects like a hole in the front-cloth (Or W/E it's called). It's 22 years old and he wants $595 for it. Now thats alot, and I want to push the price down some more.

But today I found a new amp, Marshall AVT Combo 50W. It's 8 years old and has no defects at all, havn't tried it out, but plan to. It's also $200 cheaper.

Now I know nothing about the Marshall AVT, so I seek your knowledge, fellow UG members.

Help me from my damn Spider to something better...
Gear
Guitar: Ibanez SAS32EX
Amp: Marshall JCM800 4210
With the little help from a TS9
Quote by ..NEM..
I hate Swedes.
Stay away from the AVT too be honest. I have owned one and they are satisfactory at the very best.

What genres of music do you play, we may be able to find something better suited for you!

Theres nothing wrong with 20 year old marshall jcm 800's! Mines got loads of dings in the chassis but still sounds like sex.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
go for the JCM800 trust me, it's epic....weither it is 22 or 5 years old,it doesn't matter.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Well I play alot of Opeth, In Flames, Ratm and old metal but I also like a rather nice clean tone sometimes, but mainly the metal genre.
Gear
Guitar: Ibanez SAS32EX
Amp: Marshall JCM800 4210
With the little help from a TS9
Quote by ..NEM..
I hate Swedes.
Ahhh okays.
A jcm800 can do metal, but's not amazing at it when compared to other amps/. Older metal (Metallica etc) can be done well, but due to the classic voicing of the amp modern metal may be beyond reach.

It will do RATM easily though! Bare in mind to really make this amp sing it will be loud...very very loud!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
You can probably just throw in a decent metal pedal with that JCM to make it sound more modern. JCM all the way
Quote by bigfoamfinger
You can probably just throw in a decent metal pedal with that JCM to make it sound more modern. JCM all the way

it will ruin the marshall's true tube tone.
get a 5150/6505 if you want to go higher gain than thrash metal.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Tom Morello uses a JCM 800, 600$ is a great deal for a 800.

Keep in mind, people say that if you can't turn it up, it's a rather lame amp.
As long as the speaker doesn't have a hole in it like the grille cloth, that's a great deal for the JCM800, I'd totally buy it if it was here
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
No more amps for you Matrix

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Tom Morello uses a JCM 800, 600$ is a great deal for a 800.

Keep in mind, people say that if you can't turn it up, it's a rather lame amp.

Yup, thats the marshall way ladies and gents:P got to let that beast live
Ts you should definately go for it unless your mostly into modern metal, in which case the 800 wont have enough gain for one, and the voicing is more classic, plus you wont get to enjoy that sweet sweet overdrive the 800 delivers But if your into canything from classic rock to none-heavier than metallica and 80's hair stuff. this wont be for you
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Quote by darkarbiter7
No more amps for you Matrix

I totally tried to sig Collin's comment about that, but my sig is too big already
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com