Page 1 of 2
What is your favorite song about illegal activity? Mine would have to be "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest.
Kickstart My Heart.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by Shredder03
What is your favorite song about illegal activity? Mine would have to be "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest.

yeah thats what i was gonna say. da na na nanana nanana.... its the only one i could think of. maybe f*ck her with a knife, that sounds illegal doesn't it? but it sucks too, Cannibal Corpse did it
Quote by tom1thomas1
yeah thats what i was gonna say. da na na nanana nanana.... its the only one i could think of. maybe f*ck her with a knife, that sounds illegal doesn't it? but it sucks too, Cannibal Corpse did it

Leave the metal forum. And never come back.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by tom1thomas1

Go.
Now.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by tom1thomas1

Shut the door as you leave.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by tom1thomas1

*Generic comment asking you to leave the Metal forum.*

I don't know if it really fits this category, but I always felt like Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills was a song about a guy right before a murder.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Iron Maiden's Killers.

Quote by tom1thomas1

Why is everyone hating on this guy?

EDIT: Well, if those are the only songs he can think of about illegal activities in metal he does fail rather hard.
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by HamburgerBoy

Why is everyone hating on this guy?

Because he's hating on the Corpse, fool.
I've found Jesus
They're pretty overrated compared to most of the other Floridian death metal bands so I see no harm in that.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
They're pretty overrated compared to most of the other Floridian death metal bands so I see no harm in that.

GTFO. You fail to conform to tr00t4l standards.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
GTFO. You fail to conform to tr00t4l standards.

Come on, everyone knows Cannibal Corpse. I'll take tr00 gr1m stuff like Atheist, Death, and Hellwitch over your poser death metal.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
Come on, everyone knows Cannibal Corpse. I'll take tr00 gr1m stuff like Atheist, Death, and Hellwitch over your poser death metal.

I'm not going to argue with you.

You're an idiot. That is all. You should consider leaving before making a bigger fool of yourself.
I've found Jesus
Quote by HamburgerBoy

How is Cannibal Corpse poser death metal?
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by HamburgerBoy

poser death metal ??? ill carry on being a poser then...
Quote by cliffemall123
How is Cannibal Corpse poser death metal?

They're not a bad band, but if you go on a non-metal forum and death metal discussion comes up, the first (and often only) band to be mentioned is Cannibal Corpse. Their reputation is based almost entirely on shock value and people that listen to them for the lulz.

Quote by korinaflyingv
If Cannibal Corpse is overrated then so is Death...

If I see death metal decals on a car here, they're for Cannibal Corpse and no other band. Aren't they also the only death metal band to manage a million albums sold as well? Death was never as successful, and yet infinitely more talented and influential.
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by HamburgerBoy
If I see death metal decals on a car here, they're for Cannibal Corpse. Aren't they also the only death metal band to manage a million albums sold as well? Death was never as successful, and yet infinitely more talented and influential.

So by your logic, being successful makes you a poser band.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by HamburgerBoy
If I see death metal decals on a car here, they're for Cannibal Corpse. Aren't they also the only death metal band to manage a million albums sold as well? Death was never as successful, and yet infinitely more talented and influential.

If I see death metal decals on a car here, they're for BMTH............ yeeeaaahh metal sucks round here.

I think they're both very good bands, no point arguing about being overrated.
Quote by HamburgerBoy

There, there. You're just mad at the fact that talent=/=success. That is the case for so many bands. There's no reason to be a cockmongering ****nugget about it.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
There, there. You're just mad at the fact that talent=/=success. That is the case for so many bands. There's no reason to be a cockmongering ****nugget about it.

I don't really care all that much about their success. My response was to you for calling them a standard for tr00t4lness, and everyone knows that you have to be kvlt to be tr00.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
I don't really care all that much about their success. My response was to you for calling them a standard for tr00t4lness, and everyone knows that you have to be kvlt to be tr00.

....I was being sarcastic, you tool.

That doesn't change the fact that Cannibal Corpse aren't a poser death metal band. Just because a portion of their fans are there for the shock value does not mean that they make poor music.

You can't compare Death and Cannibal Corpse (perhaps with the exception of the first 2 albums of both bands). Death opted for one route and Cannibal Corpse opted for a more straightforward approach. Thanks to that, we have more roads opened in death metal.

Quote by dminishedthingy
Kvlt=/=tr00

I knew somebody would pick up on this. You're absolutely right. Second of all, kvlt and tr00 are both manifestations of a generation of rebellious, corpsepaint-wearing, gore-endorsing, bored, drunk internet nerds. These terms are for their own pleasure to **** around with values and ideologies that bother them.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by dminishedthingy
Kvlt=/=tr00

I said that you have to be kvlt to be tr00, not that they're synonymous. It's part of the whole vndergrovnd thing.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
They're not a bad band, but if you go on a non-metal forum and death metal discussion comes up, the first (and often only) band to be mentioned is Cannibal Corpse. Their reputation is based almost entirely on shock value and people that listen to them for the lulz.

True, they may have became well known from that, but that doesn't mean they make bad music or make them a poser band.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by HamburgerBoy
I said that you have to be kvlt to be tr00, not that they're synonymous. It's part of the whole vndergrovnd thing.

No you don't. Goddamnit, Kenny.
I've found Jesus
Quote by HamburgerBoy

I'm afraid you have it backwards.
You cannot be kvlt without being tr00 first, but it is possible to be tr00 without being kvlt.
Quote by dminishedthingy
You cannot be kvlt without being tr00 first, but it is possible to be tr00 without being kvlt.

There you go. You have it again.

I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
....I was being sarcastic, you tool.

That doesn't change the fact that Cannibal Corpse aren't a poser death metal band. Just because a portion of their fans are there for the shock value does not mean that they make poor music.

You can't compare Death and Cannibal Corpse (perhaps with the exception of the first 2 albums of both bands). Death opted for one route and Cannibal Corpse opted for a more straightforward approach. Thanks to that, we have more roads opened in death metal.

Yeah, I realize that no one worth having a discussion with seriously believes in tr00ness. Which is why I called them poser death metal in proper response. Obviously they're a real death metal band, overrated or not.
Quote by HamburgerBoy

=/ so many things wrong with that sentence.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by HamburgerBoy
Yeah, I realize that no one worth having a discussion with seriously believes in tr00ness. Which is why I called them poser death metal in proper response. Obviously they're a real death metal band, overrated or not.

I don't understand why you'd call a band you think is real death metal, a "poser death metal band". I really don't.

Clearly they were around in the late 80's, consistently made their brand of death metal, and are still doing it. That's about as "tr00" as you get.
I've found Jesus
Quote by dminishedthingy

Hmmm... actually, I think you're right, being that people usually go from poser metal to tr00 (but well known) metal before delving into the kvlt. :woopsies:
Quote by Firenze
=/ so many things wrong with that sentence.

Love the new user title
That's fukking sadistically grim
Quote by Contraband
I don't understand why you'd call a band you think is real death metal, a "poser death metal band". I really don't.

Clearly they were around in the late 80's, consistently made their brand of death metal, and are still doing it. That's about as "tr00" as you get.

Because in an internet discussion regarding tr00ness, simply being mainstream can make you lose points with the tr00 "in crowd". Just read a few 0x% reviews for Master of Puppets on the Metal Archives.
Quote by HamburgerBoy

If I see death metal decals on a car here, they're for Cannibal Corpse and no other band. Aren't they also the only death metal band to manage a million albums sold as well? Death was never as successful, and yet infinitely more talented and influential.

Dude, that last sentence is ENTIRELY based on opinion. There are probably loads of brutal death fans that think that Cannibal Corpse are a lot better and more influential than Death. You can't just throw around opinions and claim them as fact just to support your cause.

Quote by dminishedthingy
Love the new user title
That's fukking sadistically grim

Hahahaha thanks
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Dude, that last sentence is ENTIRELY based on opinion. There are probably loads of brutal death fans that think that Cannibal Corpse are a lot better and more influential than Death. You can't just throw around opinions and claim them as fact just to support your cause.

I don't think that stating Death as being more influential than Cannibal Corpse in terms of death metal is just a personal opinion. Along with Possessed and Necrophagia they were basically the founders of the entire genre, and if they didn't release the first death metal album they at least released the most death metal-ish album at the time. Like all things in metal it didn't take long for other bands to one-up Death (in terms of brutality or technicality or anything else), but I wouldn't say that this is any more brutal than, say, this, and by the time they released their second album you had Suffocation and such.
Page 1 of 2