MY guitar was working fine earlier but...

I plugged it in about 2 minutes ago, the cable works, the amp works but the guitar doesnt work at all.

What shall I do?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No that I wanted to be an asshole or anything, but - do you have the volume on the guitar up?
Volume is up.

I've tried it on all pickup settings.

Tried it on all tone settings.

When I play on the distorted channel of my map the notes only play abit and come out as clean.

And I dont have EMGs or active pickups so they havent run out of batteries.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Most likely a broken wire at the point where they solder onto the jack. Unscrew your jack and make sure you have 2 wires going to it - that's for an electric without active pickups. If you have active pickups or an acoustic, should be 3 wires going to it. If it's an acoustic, check the battery - same for an electric with active pups.
time to buy a new guitar !!!!!
or use your warranty.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
time to buy a new guitar !!!!!
or use your warranty.

Holy crap. Or learn to fix it yourself. If your car tire gets a little low, do you rush out and buy a new car?
^well if he tried different cables and change the batteries of his actives and it still doesn't work then what does he need to do???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Its likely there is something wrong with the wiring, your guitar isn't broken like you say, because you can still play it. And I am not sure how you can be sure that the cables and amp are not the problem, take your guitar to the closest music store and have her looked at. Also, your pick ups may be dead, that typically happens to low end guitars. And I am not saying like an Epi Les Paul Junior, even that is a mildly decent guitar. I'm saying like if you perhaps got your guitar from. Walmart or something. Seeing as how you can still hear a couple notes on the distorted channel, that is probably a fault in the amp. If your amp is playing clean on the distortion channel there is good reason to assume that's the problem. Tell me all the specs on your gear and I can help you out further.
Last edited by RisingFreedom09 at Jan 31, 2009,
ESP LH-100 Pickup set.

I cant use warranty, I got it second hand at a pawn shop.

The amp is brand new and so is the cable, there not the problems. I'm sure its the guitar, I tired it on a different cable with a different amp.

well just open the electronic cavity with a screwdriver and check that all the wire are soldered well, it sounds like a wiring issue, if you can't figure out this way then take it to a guitar tech