i play mostly metal so i use alot of distortion. plus i got really cheap equiptment, a $30 amp and a $150 guitar. I also i got the boss metal zone pedal which helps me get the sound i want. i got a couple of questions do you think a noise reduction pedal would improve my sound? also what exactly does this pedal do? also what do you recommend? any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Get the ISP Decimator...best noise reduction pedal out there imo

EDIT: it uses a threshold setting to cut down the noise in your signal path. However, if you got the extra cash, I suggest getting the ISP Decimator G-string model. This allows you to also run it into your effects loop to get rid of amp noise too.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 31, 2009,
When a pedal costs more than your actual amp or guitar, you might just want to look into a better amp and guitar.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
When a pedal costs more than your actual amp or guitar, you might just want to look into a better amp and guitar.

true

but basically what the pedal does is get rid of all that excess noise your guitar makes when your not doing anything, all that buzz and hum... depending how u use it it can be very helpful but it seems like ur just starting out so id say amp and guitar first
Quote by Mark G

yeah the thing is i dont have the money for either of those right now. i will in a couple months so i just want something cheap to improve my sound
Quote by atr5557
yeah the thing is i dont have the money for either of those right now. i will in a couple months so i just want something cheap to improve my sound

You could just add that money to your fund. The more money, the better guitar/amp. Unless you're gonna be doing gigs anytime soon I would worry too much about noise. Trust me, I've wasted too much money and shih I didnt need *cough* phase shifter *cough* and I now i wish I didnt. Worry about it after you get your new gear.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...