in the slipknot song psychosocial, in the intro, theres a harmonic on the D string 6th fret. im unsure as to whether its a natural or pinch harmonic. anyone know?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

definitely pinch.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by Antis0cial
It's almost impossible to get a natural on the 6th fret

execpt if your guitar is very badly build
... I had one like these, the natural harmonic was on the thirth fret ...

to TS : it's a pintch ... and hell of a good one
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by bender424
execpt if your guitar is very badly build
... I had one like these, the natural harmonic was on the thirth fret ...

All guitars are capable of natural harmonics on the third fret.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
on my RG i can get natural and pinch harmonics on from about 4th up about 24th,

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Archeo Avis
All guitars are capable of natural harmonics on the third fret.

I don't have a guitar to check this, but the 3rd fret natural harmonic is incredibly weak and difficult to sound, therefore impossible to use musically. Quit yer nitpicking.
Quote by Roast Beef
I don't have a guitar to check this, but the 3rd fret natural harmonic is incredibly weak and difficult to sound, therefore impossible to use musically. Quit yer nitpicking.

"Impossible" my ass. I have absolutely no trouble getting a harmonic on the third fret. Don't project your own lack of skill on other musicians.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Roast Beef
I didn't say it can't be done, it just sounds like arse. Does that reflect poorly on me?

No, but your gear might be setup as well as his for this specific task.
Quote by Roast Beef
I didn't say it can't be done

You said...

therefore impossible to use musically
Quote by Silver-spear94
in the slipknot song psychosocial, in the intro, theres a harmonic on the D string 6th fret. im unsure as to whether its a natural or pinch harmonic. anyone know?

it's not the D string, the tuning should be drop A, which makes it the E string (5 string, in the middle of the high and low A strings).
I can get third fret natural harmonics quite easily on every string...
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Roast Beef

The 3rd fret is easy to get. There's a whole host of natural harmonics between the 2nd and 3rd frets, none of which are all that hard to get. Try the 2.6 fret.

For an example of a 3rd fret natural harmonic, check out the theme to the show Metalocalypse. The intro riff starts off with a chug and then a harmonic.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Archeo Avis
You said...

Yeah, and what do you know, the two things aren't the same.