Howdy all,

I have an american Stratocaster and I'm looking to replace the bridge humbucker.
I want the biggest, fattest, warmest humbucker I can put there with a medium output. The highs must be smooth, it must have plenty of mids and the bass should be full.

Styles of music are blues, and rock and my amp is a Cornford Hurricane.

Thanks all
Quote by steven seagull
Dimarzio Breed.

/thread

although if you think it's going to be too powerful look at the Norton. Or just go to www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

Well I've previously been using a DiMarzio Super Distortion there. I'm worried the Breed may be too Steve Vai sounding?
No, it's the Evolution or Evo 2 that sounds like Vai. The Breed is just a beefed up PAF.
Yeah; if you've got the money try Bare Knuckles; you'd probably dig the Abraxas.
Actually, the Abraxas is exactly what you want. If you can afford it over the breed, get it. It'll balance better with your single coild as well.

By the way, that's a killer amp and guitar.
Quote by XtAsY2007
Well I've previously been using a DiMarzio Super Distortion there. I'm worried the Breed may be too Steve Vai sounding?

Nah, it's very "un-Vai"...that's why he uses them, for those times he doesn't want to sound as much like himself

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201

I made these clips primarily for my amp, but the guitar I used has Breeds im neck and bridge. Now, bear in mind it's a hardtail mahogany guitar so it's already got a headstart on a strat as far as warmth and fatness goes - however the primary thinking behind the design of the Breed is to add a bit of beef and warm up a bright guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Nah, it's very "un-Vai"...that's why he uses them, for those times he doesn't want to sound as much like himself

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201

I made these clips primarily for my amp, but the guitar I used has Breeds im neck and bridge. Now, bear in mind it's a hardtail mahogany guitar so it's already got a headstart on a strat as far as warmth and fatness goes - however the primary thinking behind the design of the Breed is to add a bit of beef and warm up a bright guitar.

Awesome, thanks for that!

I think I've got it down to 2 pickups now then.

Either the Air Zone or the Breed.

Which one do you guys think is the smoother, less trebly one of the two?? According to DiMarzio's website, the Breed has a touch more mids, while the Air Zone has a touch more bass.

Cheers
Please help me guys.... anyone who knows the differences between The Breed and Air Zone.. I'd like to order today so I can try it out on my Sunday band practice
Last edited by XtAsY2007 at Feb 5, 2009,