Just got my email saying that I'm accepted. It came 2 months earlier than it was supposed to, but no problem. Did anyone else who applied get in?
|
I was accepted to berklee but Recently aquired 4 scholarships to Sibelius academy for 4 years each.
So naturally, I turned it down.
However, After sibelius I plan to move back to the states and take 4 years of Jazz.
Then:
Off to the music career.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
I was accepted to berklee but Recently aquired 4 scholarships to Sibelius academy for 4 years each.
So naturally, I turned it down.
However, After sibelius I plan to move back to the states and take 4 years of Jazz.
Then:
Off to the music career.

K koo.

Quote by Jamingguitarist
Just got my email saying that I'm accepted. It came 2 months earlier than it was supposed to, but no problem. Did anyone else who applied get in?

Congratulations.
Congratulations, Prepare to get raped by tuition.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
great job, man. hope all goes well
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Congrats, one of my friends just received an acceptance mail from them as well.
Lost interest.
After you graduate (hopefully) send a copy of your diploma to John Petrucci with a letter explaining how you didnt quit and lol in his face. PLEASE!
congrats man!! hope you do well
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Congrats man!

Best of luck for your studies
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Quote by marko'd
After you graduate (hopefully) send a copy of your diploma to John Petrucci with a letter explaining how you didnt quit and lol in his face. PLEASE!

then he will send a picture of his highly successful band and an audio recording of him melting faces.

it doesn't end well for you.
Congrats. Maybe I'll see you around school. If you have any questions or need help, let me know.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by marko'd

That explains a lot. Fool forgot how to actually write good sounding music.
Congrats.
I can't see myself studying music for four years, but it may be fun.
Quote by thefeedingend
then he will send a picture of his highly successful band and an audio recording of him melting faces.

it doesn't end well for you.

+1

He was too good for that ****.
Quote by Jamingguitarist

Oh good, I've been wondering ever since your last thread if you'd make it, and I'm glad you did. Congrats man.
Feed your mind.
blarg, got deffered to regular admission myself.
does anyone know if theres anything i can do to try and increase my chances? Im sending my all county evaluation in probably (got alternate for guitar- not spectacular but not terrible considering the band takes one guitarist).
Quote by tehREALcaptain
blarg, got deffered to regular admission myself.
does anyone know if theres anything i can do to try and increase my chances? Im sending my all county evaluation in probably (got alternate for guitar- not spectacular but not terrible considering the band takes one guitarist).

Have you auditioned yet?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That's great! congratulations.

now, instead of going with my instinct and hunting you down to ease my jealousy, here's an interesting read about berklee.

http://www.musicthinktank.com/blog/6-things-i-wish-i-knew-the-day-i-started-berklee.html

..work your ass off at berklee for those of us who can't
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I've always had a question about berklee and i guess this is the place to put it.
Is it possible to get in without taking a performance class? Because I want to make music for my living, but I've realized that I'm not good enough at guitar, trombone or piano to be profesional at any. However, I know a good ammount of theory, concider myself fairly creative musically and I will strat taking a composing and theory class at a local college over the summer (I'm a sophmore in high-school). So basically is it possible to be a composing major without having to audition on an instrument?
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
I've always had a question about berklee and i guess this is the place to put it.
Is it possible to get in without taking a performance class? Because I want to make music for my living, but I've realized that I'm not good enough at guitar, trombone or piano to be profesional at any. However, I know a good ammount of theory, concider myself fairly creative musically and I will strat taking a composing and theory class at a local college over the summer (I'm a sophmore in high-school). So basically is it possible to be a composing major without having to audition on an instrument?

Sorry, but you can't get in without auditioning on an instrument or vocals. Once you get in, you can minimize your instrumental focus, although you are required to take a certain number of instrumental courses.

Quote by tincho729
That's great! congratulations.

now, instead of going with my instinct and hunting you down to ease my jealousy, here's an interesting read about berklee.

http://www.musicthinktank.com/blog/6-things-i-wish-i-knew-the-day-i-started-berklee.html

Haha, this was actually Derek Silver's Fall 2008 welcoming ceremony speech. I saw him give the speech and accept the Distinguished Alumni award.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 31, 2009,
lol i came into this thread because i'v been looking at berkeley CA, and misread the title.
but congrats anyway man.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*