Sorry i meant MATRIX.

Hey guys just came across this amp, i was wondering is it any good? I believe it is a solid-state, the thing is if i ever got a tube amp i couldn't crank it and the attentuator cost way to much.

What is this amps limits in distortion?

thanks.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 31, 2009,
It's a pretty good solid state amp, responds to picking dynamics pretty well and all channels are really usable!

It's got plenty of distortion, able to go from a good crunch to stupid amounts of distortion, and a really thick heavy distortion on the Warp channel.

You won't really need to crank a valve amp to get a good sound out of it, my friends VK sounds pretty good at bedroom volumes as does my Fireball... so don't completely put them out of the picture.

Hopefully that helps!
What is the difference between ATTAX & MATRIX?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the Matrix isn't in production anymore and is the predecessor of the Attax.

Either way, you can't go wrong with H&k, I preffer their Solid States over the Roland Cubes, Spiders and Randalls.

I'd suggest you try them out before buying (if at all possible) as everyone has different tastes when it comes to tone... or look up for some good recordings.
I had a Matrix and really liked it, it's streets ahead of the Roland Cube series and I also prefer it to the Line 6 Flextones. It's very nice sounding, can sound a bit thin if you push it too far but that's the same for all SS amps.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music