I have a fair amount of money (around $900) and I have been looking at guitars. I need to know if I should go ahead and get a new LTD model, and upgrade from what I have, or just go full out and buy the guitar I really want, which is an ESP model.

The problem: MONEY.

I'm only 14 so I have no real way earning a ton of money to bridge the gap between the prices. These are the 2 guitars I'm ranting about:

ESP Horizon FR-II
http://www.alpha-music.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4021&idcategory=915

LTD MH-401QM
http://espguitars.com/guitars_mh.html

I really like the Horizon but the price is too much. IT would take me over a year to get the money for it.

Is it worth it to save up for it?
If you feel you can wait and make do with the gear you have at the moment then it will probably be worth it in the long run.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Do you have a decent amp, preferably tube?
If not, the emgs really won't be done justice, to get the best out of them you need to use them with a tube amp.
They normally don't mix well with SS amps.
If you really want to change your tone then an amp will be better for that.

However, if you have a good tube amp already then none of that really applies so just save up.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
what's your setup look like atm ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeh, I'd say just save for now...instant gratification doesn't seem to last long. I'm in a similar situation. I crave a Schecter Hellraiser, but don't have the money and wont for some time, so I'm making due with my Epi LP for now.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by mikeyElite
what's your setup look like atm ?

Look on his profile!

Martin: Acoustic
Peavey: 6505+ stack
Dunlop: Original Crybaby Wah
Unknown: 80's guitar
Fender: P-Bass Special
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Right now I don't have to worry about an amp. I just purchased a new 6505+ and I am fully happy with it. I know most of your tone comes from the amp.

On the guitar side of things, I have a nice acoustic, but a terrible electric guitar. It has no brand, was purchased in a pawn shop 20 years ago, and only cost about $250.