Poll: Should I join the Rugby Team?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I join the Rugby Team?
Yes
35 83%
No
7 17%
Voters: 42.
Alright so i'm in grade 12 and don't even know the rules of rugby. It is my final year in high school and have never joined a team sport. I know that I can make the team as I am in good athletic condition, as I work out 3-5 times a week. I'm an ectomorph (aka skinny **** ahaa). I'd definitely be a runner/sprinter. I'm a solid 145 pounds at 6 foot , but I have a good power to weight ratio (bench 185 if it matters). Who here has played rugby before? Is it a great sport to get involved in? What position would I be put into with my "frame".
Quote by Survivalism
Someone, somewhere, was raped today. Someone else was murdered.

Are we sill playing this "worst day ever" game?
Last edited by Dox at Jan 31, 2009,
It's nice to see on TV, but I like my jaw and teeth how they are.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

i love rugby
im one of the big fellows
lol
i'd say centre, wing
or full back, if you can catch and run fast and tackle
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
Try it out. Unless you live in Wales or some other place where rugby is really popular you shouldn't have any trouble making the team. You will probably be a winger or another back position since you're thinner and faster.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
I'd say no, it doesn't matter what kind of shape you're in, if you're joining in the last year of school, you're going to be playing with people who've been playing for years, and they're going to fuck your sh*t up.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Quote by technocheese
can you fuck bench 185 if you are 145 yourself

i would say winger anyway

What?
HOW can i bench it when i'm a lighter weight?
Quote by Survivalism
Someone, somewhere, was raped today. Someone else was murdered.

Are we sill playing this "worst day ever" game?
if you are 6 foot and 145 pounds i think its very unlikely that you can bench 185 pounds. any easier for you?
wat.
i just started on a rugby team as well (i'm in america and the sport is becoming more and more popular here). just join it, it's fun
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Dox
What?
HOW can i bench it when i'm a lighter weight?

man alot of people can bench more than there body weight.....

even i can

but then am not very heavy in the first place
rugby is amazing. i started in my grade 9 year (grade 11 now), and i love it. at first its seems weird but its actually pretty easy to pick up. and based on your stature id say your a winger or fullback.
Rugby is win but make sure you play Union with your Frame you'll probably be a good winger, Fullback or possibly a Flanker.
i used to play a sh*theap of rugby in london but the guys that play here are a bunch of asshats so i said id hold off till college.
definitly join the team, at least try it out dude.
you'll be a back, and probably a winger. but if you get the hang of tackling you could be a full back(a very valuble player)
but i dont know too much about the back line, i've always been in the forwards, usually prop or 2nd row flanker
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*