Page 1 of 2
So, Pit.

My mom left to the airport today in the morning, she is going to the USA, she asked if would like anything, so I told her I'd like an EHX Metal Muff, she's going to buy it in Guitar Center.

Since I won't be with her, and she knows absolutely NOTHING about musical instruments and things like that, I'm now afraid of what might happen to her while there.

Will she get the wrong pedal? (Even if I gave her the printed GC page with the Metal Muff)
Are they going to eat her alive?
Are they going to scam her?
And, the most important of all. Will she come home with a MG or a Spider III?

I'm scared Pit.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

If you gave her a print out, she most likely will just go to the counter, ask for it, pay, and leave.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
So, Pit.

My mom left to the airport today in the morning, she is going to the USA, she asked if would like anything, so I told her I'd like an EHX Metal Muff, she's going to buy it in Guitar Center.

Since I won't be with her, and she knows absolutely NOTHING about musical instruments and things like that, I'm now afraid of what might happen to her while there.

Will she get the wrong pedal? (Even if I gave her the printed GC page with the Metal Muff)

I'm scared Pit.

lmao wow your mom isnt stupid, and you should've told me you wanted a metal muff, i had one but i sold it, i could've gave her a sweet discount in return for some sexual favours
I sent my mom to GC once to get me some picks, and she came back with a pickguard for a Tele. I don't even have a Tele!

So yeah, you're pretty much screwed.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
More importantly, will she throw away the packaging and the receipt, so you don't pay huge amounts on duty when she gets home?
You're a n00b for buying from Guitar Center.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
look forwad to your new mg10cd
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
If i ever send my mum to get me music related stuff i tell her not to buy it if its above the lowest price i can find.
And i tell her exactly what it is.
And if i can i order ahead and just have her pick it up.

Ring GC and put on on hold for whatever your mums name is and find out the price they have it for at the same time.

easy.
Quote by p o e
I sent my mom to GC once to get me some picks, and she came back with a pickguard for a Tele. I don't even have a Tele!

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by p o e

just phone her when she's in there and talk her through it.
Quote by aaciseric
just phone her when she's in there and talk her through it.

I do now.

Actually, i just go myself now.

But man, breaking it to her that she got the wrong thing was so hard. It was like, "Mom... This is a pickguard, i asked for PICKS." "Well, the guy said thats what you needed." "Mom... GC sales dudes rape the innocent."
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Call her and tell her that they might make her buy something else, so tell her to stick to what you wanted.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
If she has a cellphone just call her while shes there and talk her through it?

Or do what the guy up there suggested and call ahead to put in on hold for your mom.
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
trust your mum. she MADE you didn't she?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by wongacaster
If i ever send my mum to get me music related stuff i tell her not to buy it if its above the lowest price i can find.
And i tell her exactly what it is.
And if i can i order ahead and just have her pick it up.

Ring GC and put on on hold for whatever your mums name is and find out the price they have it for at the same time.

easy.

I told er not to accept anything else than the Metal Muff, I could call them but I'm in another country and calling would be ridiculously expensive

And she isn't good talking english, they'll take advantage of that
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by LedZeppelin9345
trust your mum. she MADE you didn't she?

Yeah, that wasn't a good decision from her.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Lets just hope she doesn't go in the wrong store by mistake and ends up telling a Cosmetic surgeon that she wants a Metal Muff
They will send her home with a spider 3 claiming that it's a better version of a metal muff because it has a built in speaker.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
she isn't good talking english, they'll take advantage of that

...oh sh*it....
Quote by greatone_12
They will send her home with a spider 3 claiming that it's a better version of a metal muff because it has a built in speaker.

hahahahahahah i think that might work on my mom
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
you're ****ing retarded?!

No, that would be you.

Guitar Center sells mediocre instruments and equipments at an inflated price.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 31, 2009,
when i was buying my first guitar i was gonna buy it in a value pack but they didn't have it...so they told me they would put something together and it'd be better than the package........i was all super excited to see that i was gonna get a MARSHALL MG10CD.......in my mind at the time it was super awesome........*shame*
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
So, Pit.

I'm scared Pit.

What's wrong with the spider 3
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

Don't get cold under that bridge, troll.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Seriously, Spider III's aren't that bad. I don't have one, but my friend does. The "Metal" Preset has great tone. All the effects are great except the delay. It's not top quality but it doesn't deserve all the hate.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Seriously, Spider III's aren't that bad. I don't have one, but my friend does. The "Metal" Preset has great tone. All the effects are great except the delay. It's not top quality but it doesn't deserve all the hate.

I don't profess to be an expert on Amps, far from it. I was going to get a Line6 Spider 3 I I assume that is what we are talking about).

I never did. But the following video, speaks to me like night and day. I do have good ears.

I know what I am getting.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SYslxyj4Qwk
Quote by drewfromutah
She will return home with:

Spider III
Marshall MG
40 Foot $200 Monster instrument cable
And a Digitech Multi FX pedal instead of the Metal Muff

Enjoy.

And a HUGE, import duty bill!

Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

have you check all of the threads about these amps in the GG&A forum.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by drewfromutah
She will return home with:

Spider III
Marshall MG
40 Foot $200 Monster instrument cable
And a Digitech Multi FX pedal instead of the Metal Muff

Enjoy.

I doubt it she's only willing to spend 90$, and she isn't stupid.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
have you check all of the threads about these amps in the GG&A forum.

I dont need to i've owned one for a little over 2 years
Quote by Skeet UK
I don't profess to be an expert on Amps, far from it. I was going to get a Line6 Spider 3 I I assume that is what we are talking about).

I never did. But the following video, speaks to me like night and day. I do have good ears.

I know what I am getting.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SYslxyj4Qwk

The Spider III's really aren't as bad as people think. It's mostly just the noobs who buy them at Guitar Center and use the crappy presets who give it a bad reputation. If you have some idea of what you're doing, you can actually get a pretty good tone out of it.
Quote by crackerpleaz
The Spider III's really aren't as bad as people think. It's mostly just the noobs who buy them at Guitar Center and use the crappy presets who give it a bad reputation. If you have some idea of what you're doing, you can actually get a pretty good tone out of it.

This is what I understood too. But then I fiddled with a Vypyr and when I was released from prison for doing that, I decided I would get one, over a Spider as they just seem to sound waaaaaay, better.

The guy in that video, though possibly retarded, seems to know what he is doing (almost), so from his demo, the Vypyr sounds better to me.
Just tell her to get the pedal and not to listen to what the salesmen have to say.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Page 1 of 2