ok, right now my order is

guitar>Yngwei OD>TS808>Wah>volume pedal> Amp
should the volume be moved? im not sure where it should go, also if the wah should be moved, let me know, i play melodic metal, death metal, melodic death metal, technical death metal, thrash, neo-classical, alt rock, and blues.

i also noticed that the valveking 212 is a class A/AB amp, which is good for blues (right?) and i still have a window to return it and was wondering if there was a good all tube metal amp for ~ the same price and size, as i can get a good blues sound via both my OD pedals. so any alternatives?

edit:
im picking up a badmonkey (for free! ) sometime during this week, so where should that go in my order as well?(using it for clean boost)
Guitar -> Wah -> Overdrives (you'll have to experiment) -> Amp

Put the volume pedal in the FX loops or first thing after you guitar. Depends on what you're doing with it and if you can easily run it in your fx loop.

The valveking is a class AB amp (the class A stuff is marketing rubbish). For what you play I don't think it's all that great. Not totally sure on the price of the VK, but something like a mesa F or DC series (used) or maybe a randall RG50TC would probably suit you better.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the VK is $630 , and what is theis effects loop in which you speak? i don't use any effects besides OD

edit: also, not really a fan of Randalls
Last edited by linnux at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by linnux
*bump*

Don't bump that quickly. It was 20 freaking minutes.

I agree with Kevin Saale, look into some used Mesa F Series or Mesa DC Series amps.
Quote by linnux
the VK is $630 , and what is theis effects loop in which you speak? i don't use any effects besides OD

edit: also, not really a fan of Randalls

Yes you do, you use wah. And I agree with Kevin too, but I'd put my volume pedal first in chain like: Volume -> wah -> ODs
Quote by linnux
, and what is theis effects loop in which you speak? i

search bar
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Yes you do, you use wah. And I agree with Kevin too, but I'd put my volume pedal first in chain like: Volume -> wah -> ODs

all i need
thanks guys

oh and i bumped, because it was about to go off the first page, and i was feeling impatiant for something that seemed like such a simple answer
guitar>Yngwei OD>TS808>Wah>volume pedal> Amp

I would probably go guitar -> wah -> TS808 -> Yngwei OD -> bad monkey - > volume pedal
This thread is of interest because I am thinking of getting one soon. However as well as its position on a pedal board, what are the big differences between models. Are some crap? I mean its surely not doing that much to the signal like some other effects pedals.

Also why do Boss produce a low and a high impedance pedal. (Sorry it's probably a real newby question)

Any advice?
Depends what you want to do with it. There isn't a certain place where it "should" go. Just think about it - how will it react based on where you put it?

If you want to use the volume pedal like the volume knob on your guitar (i.e. rolling off to clean up your sound), then place it before your OD. If you wanted to use it to fade in loops or something, then you would put it after your looper. It's not very hard to figure out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com