Hi all, I'm new to the forums so first off I apologise if this is the wrong area but I'm looking for some help with this recording unit. After playing about with it for ages I've finally got a few tracks recorded that I want to put on CD but it seems when I bounce the tracks together I lose almost all the volume and a CD has to be played at full volume to be barely heard. I have the input set as high as it can go and the track fader at a reasonably high level but I still seem to end up with a very quiet track.
I have very little knowledge of recording techniques (for this particular unit and in general) so any help would be greatly appreciated, and if this is a stupid question please just enlighten me rather than telling me what an idiot I am.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
Anyone? I'm real stuck with this so if you have any recording tips at all, rather than for this unit in particular that could be very helpful, thanks.
Did you master all the tracks before bouncing them?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
No, a friend suggested I do that but when I looked through the instructions I couldn't find how to change the volume when mastering, any advice?
I recorded a demo on a BR1600 about five years ago, and I can't quite remember how to use it.
There should be a clipping light on the unit. With the slider for each track you should be able to adjust the output of each track. You want that clipping light to just barely turn on. That's where the optimum level is for the track.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION