Hi UG, my band need some ideas for some covers. Our Music Teacher wants us to do a one-hour gig for charity but she wont let us do covers, have no idea why. So, we want about 12 decent songs to do. Our setup is a Lead Vocalist-Rhythm Guitar (me :P), Lead Guitar-Backup-Vocalist, Bassist and a drummer. My voice isn't incredibley great but I usually take my own style on songs anyway, so can anyone suggest a few songs to cover?

We are a pop-punk / punk band by the way.

We like stuff like Sex Pistols, The Offspring, Green Day, Ramones, Clash, Sum 41, Blink 182, Misfits, Rancid etc.
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
Hi UG, my band need some ideas for some covers. Our Music Teacher wants us to do a one-hour gig for charity but she wont let us do covers

What?
Ok then.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Uh yeah if she won't let you do covers then wouldnt you need original songs?

I'll assume that was a typo, so Come Out and Play by the Offspring, When I Come Around by Green Day, Adam's Song and All The Small Things by Blink-182, and London Calling by the Clash.
Do No Feelings by the Sex Pistols, Sonic Reducer by the Dead Boys, I'm A Cliche by X-Ray Spex, All The Small Things by Blink 182, and American Idiot by Greenday. Then do a three chord improv and shout stuff.
Assuming you made a typo and want covers suggested :

Londons Calling, Guns of Brixton - Clash
Anarchy in The Uk/God Save the queen (if your school isnt super patriotic, you could seriously offend some people otherwise) and maybe Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols.

As for Offspring - Self Esteem, Kids Are Alright, Pretty Fly.., Original Prankster.

Greenday - American Idiot, St Jimmy, Boulevard, Minority, Time of Your Life, Basket Case (obvious choces, but highly popular).

Maybe Some Undertones - Teenage Kicks?
Or Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love?

Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated, Pet Sematary, Spiderman Theme (that would go down awesome!)

Misfits - Helena, Monster Mash

Sum 41 - In Too Deep, Fat Lip

Go for the popular songs, not obscure ones. That way the audience can have fun.
Last edited by darthbuttchin at Feb 1, 2009,
yeh there was a typo! sorry guys XD

it was meant to read "she wont let us do originals"

and thanks guys, we've got an idea of what we're gonna play now we've chosen most of these songs that have been suggested and thanks again
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Last edited by GangsterLi at Feb 1, 2009,
Rancid - Radio is always good, goes down great when my band plays it, Pennywise - Bro Hymn is also great to close a set down.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Misfits- Last Caress, Where Eagles Dare
NOFX- **** The Kids!...lol or linoleum, Green Corn

maybe throw a Ramones song in there if you have 1 minute left
I would do (BTW i dont like this stuff but heres my 2 cents)
American Idiot - Green Day
Anarchy in the UK (?) - Sex Pistols
Die, Die My Darling, London Dungeon and something else (?) - MISITS
And...for fun do Iron Maidens Wasted Years
You should play some of your songs. Just don't say that they are original, but don't say they are a cover. Just play them.
He said he really wasn't a strong singer, and people are suggesting Come out and Play and Self Esteem by Offspring. Dexter has a really strong voice and a good solid range. I can't hit those notes - at least on a good day I can't hit them very well - and I'm only a couple notes shy of the tenor high C.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
He said he really wasn't a strong singer, and people are suggesting Come out and Play and Self Esteem by Offspring. Dexter has a really strong voice and a good solid range. I can't hit those notes - at least on a good day I can't hit them very well - and I'm only a couple notes shy of the tenor high C.

CT

well like i said, i usually change the vocals to fit my voice and i can do self esteem easy, haven't tried come out and play
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3