So todays the big day for a friend of mine, buying his first amp. I know that theres some other sh!t he'll need, but i cant think of any other than a cable, some picks, and possibly a case if money left over. Is there anything im forgetting (i think the amp im getting peavy vyper has a tuner, which is what i was told)
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Extra set of strings, a peg winder.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Right right.....anything else?
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Right right.....anything else?

A guitar...

But yeah, that's pretty much it. Maybe an extra cable.
strap and stand. if he's not gigging or practicing with a band, a stand is probably of more use than a case. though i guess you can store the guitar in the case... but decent hardshell cases are quite expensive. personally i'd put the money into a better guitar/amp and make do with a stand.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tuner. Strings. Cable. Picks.

That's all he needs if he's got just a guitar and is going to get an amp really.
Yeah hes got a guitar dont worry lol. I gave him my old Ibanez RG120....gatherin dust in the back of my closet and realized he could get more use out of it than me right now.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
if the amp is not a vypyr or a cube then a cheapo zoom multi effects will be good.

if the Amp is a vypyr or cube then a few strings, a pegwinder, picks, extra cables, a strap, a tand, guitar teaching videos, gig bag and a slide will be great extras.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
He doesnt need videos but thanks for suggestion. Im givin him a few videos and lessons. But if its not a vyper than yes a cheapo zoom is good. Thanks
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
dont get a case, ask if the store will throw in a gig bag, most places will.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Im thinkin of a strap for him instead of a case cause i dont think he'll be giggin AT ALL for a while. Maybe just practice but i dont think the guitars goin outta the house for a bit
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
It's good to learn playing standing up to though. I had a guy who was playing for a few years and had no idea how to play while standing up. It's always good to practice with a strap.
yeah, a strap is a good idea for practicing standing up. ^ that's also a good idea about a tuner.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by caraluzzo
It's good to learn playing standing up to though. I had a guy who was playing for a few years and had no idea how to play while standing up. It's always good to practice with a strap.

This, I know someone who is the same way, plays very well sitting down, but not so much standing. So I will say what has been said, Strap, Tuner, Cable, Strings, Picks, Cleaning Cloth, and metronome. If you could swing it, GuitarPro 5 is awesome.

Good luck
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R