so one of my360's went down the crapper like 2-3 years ago, and now my other one is starting to red ring from possibly "overheating" we think, but it can sometimes do it after 5 minutes of being on for the first time in a week. they are both first gen. that came out within about 2-3 months after release. i cant sign into microsoft/xbox because my brother has the ID and pw, so does anybody know if i can send in both consoles and get them repaired/replaced for free? if so, how would i go about doing this?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
depends on warranty and what not???

when did you get them.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
this happened to me(and every other xbox 360 owner)
just call xbox and tell them your problem, they will tell you a few instructions on how to fix it, and when it doesn't work, they';; give you instructions to send it in, that is, if you are still under warranty
one of my friends repairs broken 360s and sells them for profit. i cant remember exactly how he does it but you can search for it. he basically takes off the hard drive and wraps the 360 in a blanket. then he turns it on and waits for some time. it gets hot and what that does is it kind of "re-solders" the wires back together and its fixed. to prevent it from happening again is to just get that fan thing they have for it.

you should probably look that up before you try it. thats only from my memory but it does work ive seen him do it.
Gear:
Schecter Omen-6 with EMG 81/85
Peavey Valveking 2x12
Quote by dubes216
good place to look ---> http://www.google.com
Last edited by #1 guitar dude at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by #1 guitar dude
one of my friends repairs broken 360s and sells them for profit. i cant remember exactly how he does it but you can search for it. he basically takes off the hard drive and wraps the 360 in a blanket. then he turns it on and waits for some time. it gets hot and what that does is it kind of "re-solders" the wires back together and its fixed. to prevent it from happening again is to just get that fan thing they have for it.

you should probably look that up before you try it. thats only from my memory but it does work ive seen him do it.

solder melts around 160 degrees C
i call bull
well the first one was a gift for christmas the year they came out, my step moms dad got it from a friend while he was in florida, so i have no idea about that warranty. and the other one we got from winning a prize drawing from our supermarket, both are the "higher end" consoles with the hard drive and they came with all the bunch o goodies, but as far as warranties go i have no idea.

and we do have that fan pack thing that you stick on the back of the xbox, doesnt help it at all.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Last edited by shadowsoldier08 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by shadowsoldier08
well the first one was a gift for christmas the year they came out, my step moms dad got it from a friend while he was in florida, so i have no idea about that warranty. and the other one we got from winning a prize drawing from our supermarket, both are the "higher end" consoles with the hard drive and they came with all the bunch o goodies, but as far as warranties go i have no idea.

and we do have that fan pack thing that you stick on the back of the xbox, doesnt help it at all.

well my 360 ****ed itself about a year after i bought it, sent it in under warranty, got it back, sorted.
then strangely enough, it ****ed itself in the ass on tuesday, and ups picked it up on friday(i had 4 days left on the 3 year warranty man was i lucky)
should be back in about 2 weeks

but i bought a nyko intercooler like a week after i got it back the first time and i've noticed it stays cooler ever since i put it on. and it lasted 2 years with it, compared to 1 without it. but that could just be down to luck.

of course,
if you have used any sort of fan pack/ cooler on your xbox, and your xbox breaks down, dont tell microsoft this, or your warranty is void and then you get raped with repair fees

EDIT: you dont need the warranty booklet or the box or anything, you just read out the serial number and theyll arrange evreything. usually, it seems, the warranty starts the first time you connect your 360 to the net.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Adamtbh
solder melts around 160 degrees C
i call bull

Tell that to everyone else who had their's resolder.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.