Ok, so i went to the Metallica concert in Boston about a week or so ago, and saw that the first opening band (who's name i did not know at the time) and saw an Orange (I'm assuming tiny terror) at first i was like these guys must be good!

Then they started to play, then i was all like ("wow these guys are bad") ("these guys really really suck they should not be touring with Metallica") then (these guys should just leave and never play together ever again)

can you guess who it was?

It was The Sword

Also my question, are Orange amps any good for teh mettlez? because they seem cool and I might want one
Dont tell me it was The Sword
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10

I very highly doubt he was playing with a Tiny terror. You probably just mentioned that cause it's the only amp you know by Orange.
Also, judging a band by their amps? Come onnn.

Maybe it was just your personal preference that they "sucked", others we're sure to like them. It's just like me saying i'm not fond of Metallica, so they shouldn't be touring with said band.

Anyway, who was the band?

and yes, Orange amps can do Metal. I'm not too sure who uuses them, but i know slipknot do. I'm GUESSING that they use the Rocker or something? Meh, can't be bothered to look.

/rant.
Sweet.
Quote by linnux
Ok, so i went to the Metallica concert in Boston about a week or so ago, and at first i was like these guys must be good!

Then they started to play, then i was all like ("wow these guys are bad") ("these guys really really suck they should not be touring") then (these guys should just leave and never play together ever again)

I totally agree.
Quote by BC_Warlock

I very highly doubt he was playing with a Tiny terror. You probably just mentioned that cause it's the only amp you know by Orange.

Maybe it was just your personal preference that they "sucked", others we're sure to like them. It's just like me saying i'm not fond of Metallica, so they shouldn't be touring with said band.

it was The Sword

so no, its not my preference that says they suck, that's a general consensus met by almost everyone, and agreed to by my ears after hearing them. And Oranges have a really good reputation, as i didn't know much about them aside from their rep, i thought they were like invatation only purchases like Ferrari or something
i was there too!!!

lol yeah the sword was mediocre
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
by mediocre do you mean absolutely horrible? i couldn't understand a word he was "singing" and all the guitar parts were the same drop C power chords in a different order
i wouldnt use a orange amp for metal, and the sword aren't bad, they just shouldn't tour whit Metallica. And Metallica sukkks anyway
The Dude abides
Quote by BC_Warlock
and yes, Orange amps can do Metal. I'm not too sure who uuses them, but i know slipknot do. I'm GUESSING that they use the Rocker or something? Meh, can't be bothered to look.

/rant.

Slipknot don't

Stone Sour do.

Orange=/=invitation only, that would be bloody pointless.

Rocker/Rockerverb series would be the most likely ones to be able to do metal.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone

Stone Sour do.

YES! i remember seeing orange amps at their concert i went to! sweet!

No shit Sherlock, hence why i used the word THOUGHT
Oranges do metal pretty well. I think Iommi uses one in the Iron Man or Paranoid video from the 70s. Which may be why The Sword likes em, as they sound kinda similar to Sabbath. It was most likely not a Tiny Terror, maybe an AD30 or Rocker. And I sorta understand why you wouldnt like The Sword, but I prefer em to most Metallica myself.
Quote by BC_Warlock

Orange amps can do Metal. I'm not too sure who uuses them, but i know slipknot do. I'm GUESSING that they use the Rocker or something? Meh, can't be bothered to look.

/rant.

Tiny terrors can do a bit of metal but for metal core (like slipknot) a rockerverb is the best orange amp for the job.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Chrisiphone
Slipknot don't

Stone Sour do.

yea uhhh slipknot do and so do stone sour. Jim Root uses the same setup for both bands, and that includes orange amps
so how much would a Rockerverb run me?
also, Slipknot is Nu-Metal, metalcore is Lamb of God, All That Remains, A7x, etc.
No, no.

Go to the Orange Thread. Orange amps (Rockerverb, only) have enough gain for metal, but not really the voicing for it. Slipknot does use them (for the guy that posted above), but Jim Root is diming two 100 Watt Rockerverbs, which is just awful. He also uses them for Stone Sour.

Any other Orange amp would have to be dimed and with a distortion (case depending) to get into a real metal-style zone, which will probably end up being more mud than tone.

For strictly metal, don't get yourself an Orange, you're just killing perfectly good amps.
If it's for playing metal occasionally, but you play a lot of lower-upper mid gain stuff, head over to the Orange Thread for recommendations.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Last edited by Stratoblaster73 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by BC_Warlock

/rant.

nope they suck, saw them in LA with 'tallica 12/18
Quote by Stratoblaster73

For strictly metal, don't get yourself an Orange, you're just killing perfectly good amps.

*ahem*
i dont play just mettle, i play blues, alt rock, neo-classical, then a whole bunch of metal sub-genres so :P
Quote by Horlicks
Orange can do metal.
Just overpriced, bad-sounding metal.

i must as, HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU BEAT I WANNA BE THE GUY?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by linnux
i must as, HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU BEAT I WANNA BE THE GUY?!?!?!?!?!?!

It really isn't that hard, you just gotta have a lotta patience and good timing. It took me 6 days at about 3 hours a day.
Quote by linnux
Ok, so i went to the Metallica concert in Boston about a week or so ago, and saw that the first opening band (who's name i did not know at the time) and saw an Orange (I'm assuming tiny terror) at first i was like these guys must be good!

Then they started to play, then i was all like ("wow these guys are bad") ("these guys really really suck they should not be touring with Metallica") then (these guys should just leave and never play together ever again)

Well I was there too. And to be honest, you can't really judge bands by their live performances. They were all so muddy I couldn't hear much since it was a big arena. I actually think Machine Head was way worse, the only time I could even tell what they were doing was when they covered "Hallowed Be They Name" and that's only because I was listen9ng for each part. When you go to see bands in concert in arenas that you've never heard before, of course they're not going to sound that good since you can't recognize the sound.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Chrisiphone
Slipknot don't

Stone Sour do.

Um actually Slipknot DO. Look on the Orange website. They also used Orange amps when i saw them live. So sorry buddy, but your wrong there.

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Tiny terrors can do a bit of metal but for metal core (like slipknot) a rockerverb is the best orange amp for the job.

I can't tell if this is aimed at me or not. You quoted me but didn't refer to my post. ah well.
Anyway, i didn't say Tiny Terror can't do metal, i know pefectly well that they can get a very dirty tone if pushed hard (Just maybe not the brutal tone of modern day metal). I only mentioned the Tiny Terror in my post because the TS said that the sword were probably using one, when i can almost guarantee they wern't. Afterall, i'm sure they have enough money to get a Rocker or Rockerverb, why would they go through all the trouble of finding a good metal tone on a TT when they could get one much easier, and better sounding on a Rocker.
Bit of a large reply. But still, hope you understand.
Sweet.
In Flames used a Tiny Terror for some overdubs on their latest record "A Sense Of Purpose".

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
The Sword are sweet. the sound board probably got set up for metallica, so every other band had to use that mix as well. i saw eric johnson open for satriani and he sounded terrible for the same reason, and same situation with the mars volta and rhcp
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.