Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a cheaper version of the Fender Jaguar range.

For instance Epiphone make the dot 335 which is much cheaper than the ES.

Thanks,
there's a squier jagmaster but it's not very much like a jaguar.

due to the jaguar bridge, any cheaper version of the guitar would be dismissed as a piece of crap - jaguars are worth the effort required to get them to work properly, once you fix the problems they have, but would a cheap knockoff with the same issues be worth the effort?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Not really... The HH is model is made in Mexico and is cheaper than the US made standard version. But thanks to Alt-rock types playing Jags and Jazzmasters the demand is way up and since they've never been produced in huge numbers, this results in high prices by fairly basic laws of supply and demand.

You might look into a Fender Cyclone though... They're vaguely similar (key word: vague) to the Jag...
But I thought Cyclones were discontinued. Id say the Squier would be as close as you can get tbh, but look on eBay for Jaguars, you might get lucky with a used or 90s/80s model perhaps.
Quote by RadioMuse
Not really... The HH is model is made in Mexico and is cheaper than the US made standard version. But thanks to Alt-rock types playing Jags and Jazzmasters the demand is way up and since they've never been produced in huge numbers, this results in high prices by fairly basic laws of supply and demand.

You might look into a Fender Cyclone though... They're vaguely similar (key word: vague) to the Jag...

Very vague, i have a cyclone and nothing about it is even similar lol. It's more like a mustang, but with a flatter fretboard radius and a 24.75" scale neck, and a strat bridge. There's a version with 3 jaguar pickups, and 3 on/off switches for them which resemble the pickup/bass cut switches on the jag) though. also all models of the cyclone have been discontinued for over a year, so it'll be harder to find one of those than it would be to find a jaguar
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

^That's a shame... I was also thinking of the Mustang I believe... Anyway.

I plan on grabbing myself a Jazzmaster at some point to do shoegaze stuff with because the strat trems and Bigsby set ups I have just can't get quite the right bend to them...
buy the real thing mate ive seen quite a few bad copies, and the original is just perfect(minus some minor adjustments)
Quote by pebbles123
buy the real thing mate ive seen quite a few bad copies, and the original is just perfect(minus some minor adjustments)

Yep. I am beginning to think the same. I'll wait a bit and put a few more quid away.

By the way, what are the minor adjustments?
lol, i am also looking for a jag, and called hereiwas...

on topic, prolly not. I think alden make some, and italia also, but its just not the same. Have you noticed classic player HH's dont seem to exist?
Quote by iamhere
Yep. I am beginning to think the same. I'll wait a bit and put a few more quid away.

By the way, what are the minor adjustments?

the bridge tends to rattle itself to pieces while you play and the strings jump out of the slots in the saddles very easily - just replace the saddles with some mustang saddles or graphtech replacements and the problems should be gone (this is what i've done and mine is flawless now).