we are a drummer and lead guitarist aged 15 and 16 but want to make it into a full band, get gigging and hopefully get somewhere.

to hear some samples of our music that we recorded a couple of weeks ago on a sampler and to see our influences, go to: www.myspace.com/dinfromwithin

and get back to us if you're interested
Hey i checked out your myspace and im definately interested. Im 17 and from Birmingham. Check out my profile for influences. I've been playing lead guitar mostly, but my rhythm is good and i'd like to work on it. Maybe you could use more lead parts if needed like some cool dual solos / call response stuff. Il play whatever though. Im just glad to play.

I'm also quite interested in songwriting and would be happy to put some ideas to the table if needed. Where abouts in birmigham do you practice?
Are You Shpongled..?
Last edited by nugiboy at Jan 31, 2009,
At the moment in Moseley, but the idea is that when we get the full band, to practise in a rehearsal room or something.
We wouldn't be interested in dual solos, but if your good then you can share the solos out with the lead guitarist. As long as you can play rhythm as well. And if you could help with the songwriting and have lots of ideas, thats great. We want everyone to have equal input kinda thing.
Quote by rajplaysdrums
At the moment in Moseley, but the idea is that when we get the full band, to practise in a rehearsal room or something.
We wouldn't be interested in dual solos, but if your good then you can share the solos out with the lead guitarist. As long as you can play rhythm as well. And if you could help with the songwriting and have lots of ideas, thats great. We want everyone to have equal input kinda thing.

cool cool.
Well i know some good rehearsal rooms in Birmingham which are like £7 an hour, and are soundproofed and have amps and drums and a PA system.
Are you both at school at the moment then?
Are You Shpongled..?
Last edited by nugiboy at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by rajplaysdrums
cool, do you want a career in music or you got something else planned?

Well i have applied to uni, which might be a problem in the long run. A carear in music has always been a dream of mine, and i was seriously considering it about half a year ago, but i decided to keep it as a hobby for now and see what happens. I mean if things go very well then i would deffinately consider it as a full time thing, but the music biz is very fickle, and you have to be very lucky to get anywhere, even if you are good, which is why i've applied to uni.

Hope this doesn't put you off
Are You Shpongled..?
not that much, are you having a gap year?
I think we should definately have a jam anyway and see what happens
Last edited by rajplaysdrums at Feb 1, 2009,
Yeh i think we should. I'm not having a gap year but i've got another 7 months or so yet. When are you guys up for playing?
Are You Shpongled..?
Cool sure i should be free. I think that the rehearsal rooms are a bit more on weekends though.
Are You Shpongled..?
i think for the first jam, we should just jam at my house in moseley, because we dont know whether its gonna work or anything yet.
we could meet in town though if you want and then go to moseley from there.
what d'ya reckon?
Yeh well if i can manage to get a lift because my amp will be a bit of a problem to carry on the bus. If not i might be able to borrow a smaller amp for a while off a friend.
Are You Shpongled..?
my brother has an amp, its only a very basic one, but... up to you.
if your getting a lift though, we need to work out a place to meet, maybe in moseley, maybe in town. If its town, i could carry your amp, onto the bus into moseley, if that would make it easier.
Oh cool il let you know whether i can get a lift of not closer to the time. Are there any songs you want me to learn?
Are You Shpongled..?
no we mainly do originals of the tops of our head, just improvise or whatever and it normally comes out good.
if we were to do a cover it would be something like thin lizzy - the rocker, if you wanted to learn that.
Quote by rajplaysdrums
no we mainly do originals of the tops of our head, just improvise or whatever and it normally comes out good.
if we were to do a cover it would be something like thin lizzy - the rocker, if you wanted to learn that.

Cool i'll have a look at that. I was just wondering if you wanted me to have a look at any of your myspace riffs and see if i could come up with anything.
Are You Shpongled..?