which do you think is better and why?

i like shogun, cos its like a mixture of the older and newer sounds, the screaming and the singing. and its got cool riffs.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

cough, cough, hardcore forum
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Crusade. For me it's not the vocals, it just seems that their songwriting was better then than on Shogun.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
I can understand confusion over the rules in some cases, but Trivium is mentioned in the title of the sticky explaining them...
Ember, no doubt about it.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
None of them, get out of this forum, Trivium doesn't belong here.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
what i wanna know is, ember was put in metalhammer as thrash, so why have they suddenly been reclassed as metalcore?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I enjoyed their later works with the likes of Mozart, Chopin, and Bach, as opposed to their older works with TRIVIUM DO NOT BELONG IN THE ****ING METAL FORUM.

Please...please...you guys are driving me nuts. Why do you do things without reading? Who the hell does that? Who the hell just makes a thread without seeing if one already exists, AT LEAST?!
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
It wasnt re-classed they are classed as metalcore, and metal hammer is bull**** anyway.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Silver-spear94
what i wanna know is, ember was put in metalhammer as thrash, so why have they suddenly been reclassed as metalcore?

They started out as a metalcore band. Not a run-of-the-mill metalcore band, but a metalcore band nevertheless. Yes, their most recent work has ditched a lot of the metalcore elements, but we can't open them up for discussion here just to talk about one or two cds. The only way for them to be allowed in here would be for a very large fanbase to build up here in the metal forum, as was the case with BTBAM. As far as I know, BTBAM is the only band with which that's been the case.

Also, from what I've heard of Shogun, the screaming sucks. I prefer the normal vocals from The Crusade.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jan 31, 2009,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLDLyeepVs

BOOOOOOOOOOOOAT
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEER
STRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGE
MOUNTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by madbasslover
I think I know what song that is without even clicking the link.

Pull Harder!!!

Ermm I think Trivium are metal, they shouldn't be in the same section as A7x Atreyu BFMV etc. they're too awesome for all that.

Anyway I think Shogun is the best....followed by Ascendancy very closely, then Ember To Inferno and waaaaaaaaay far back is The Crusade (even though it was a good album is wasn't comparable to their other stuff)

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Every time I see them on a magazine cover I cannot stop looking at the guitarist (don't care about the name) and his massive forehead

That guy needs to learn how to not have a glacial sized forehead

Thats me sorted
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Ermm I think Trivium are metal, they shouldn't be in the same section as A7x Atreyu BFMV etc. they're too awesome for all that.

I agree that they are much better than bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, and Bullet For My Valentine, but it doesn't change what they are. They just do it better than those bands.
Quote by TeamSttg
Every time I see them on a magazine cover I cannot stop looking at the guitarist (don't care about the name) and his massive forehead

That guy needs to learn how to not have a glacial sized forehead

Thats me sorted

Nergal disapproves of you.
Large foreheads are metal.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
way to ruin my afternoon, GB

anyway, it's funny how threads like these seem to make every single otherwise lurking idiot suddenly appear
TRIVIUM ARE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW CAN PEOPLE SAY THEY SOUND LIKE METALLICA AND THEN CALL THEM HARDCORE, ARE METALLICA HARDCORE

and i love shogun best, i think theyv got better with every album and hope this trend continues
Quote by Lappo
way to ruin my afternoon, GB

anyway, it's funny how threads like these seem to make every single otherwise lurking idiot suddenly appear

Im sorry, I just couldnt resist.

Quote by jkielq91
TRIVIUM ARE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW CAN PEOPLE SAY THEY SOUND LIKE METALLICA AND THEN CALL THEM HARDCORE, ARE METALLICA HARDCORE

and i love shogun best, i think theyv got better with every album and hope this trend continues

Settle down there fella.

They're not hardcore.
They're like, metal, with some melodic and hardcore elements in the music.
If only there was a word for bands like that...
Quote by dminishedthingy
They're not hardcore.
They're like, metal, with some melodic and hardcore elements in the music.
If only there was a word for bands like that...

If only diminished, if only...
every fuckin day
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
LICK DOOOOOWN
THE WANG NOOOOOOOOOOW

Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by Dust_and_Guilt
They were metalcore on their first two albums. They don't have many (if any) core elements anymore.

So what exactly would you class them as?

Actually, don't bother answering, I'm sick of hearing the word Trivium...