First I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong place. I was wondering if there were any ways or theorys on how to release creativity. Or is it spontaneous.
eat good food, exercise, read books and think creatively as often as possible
my parents always tell me, go outside an just look at everything. Nature is the key to it
Quote by RU Experienced?
Ingest copious amounts of LSD, it worked for Syd Barrett.

He also fried his brain very quickly...made some damn good music though.
If I'm drawing I always listen to music when i get stuck, or I look through some books about a random subject (birds, landscapes, snails etc)
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
relax, i always have a notepad and a pen by my bed, youll be surprised what ideas you get when your minds wandering around before you drop off
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'd say it was a fair trade-off.

I can't argue, but as far as mind altering drugs go I'd suggest salvia. It takes effect quickly, it can take you on some crazy trips if you smoke enough/it's potent enough, it's a quick high (It only takes a few minutes for it's effects to wear off) but it can feel like it's lasted for hours...reminds me of this one time, I went out to smoke some salvia and listen to some music, and I ended up smoking too fast and started tripping hard, saw all sorts of crazy stuff and by the time I came back down, the lyrics of the first song I put on hadn't even started yet love that stuff.
LSD will definitely tear the creativity out of you. If you ever get scared while tripping just pick up your guitar and jam.

Aside from that, meditation helps a lot, and working on a certain creative process that works the best for you. And don't just limit yourself to one form of expression i.e. the guitar. Pick up another instrument, paint, doodle, draw, write, whatever it is, any creative expression helps a specific kind of creativity you are looking for.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Ingest copious amounts of LSD, it worked for Syd Barrett.

But it also drove him insane.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by david_highland
I can't argue, but as far as mind altering drugs go I'd suggest salvia. It takes effect quickly, it can take you on some crazy trips if you smoke enough/it's potent enough, it's a quick high (It only takes a few minutes for it's effects to wear off) but it can feel like it's lasted for hours...reminds me of this one time, I went out to smoke some salvia and listen to some music, and I ended up smoking too fast and started tripping hard, saw all sorts of crazy stuff and by the time I came back down, the lyrics of the first song I put on hadn't even started yet love that stuff.

Isn't salvia a deliriant? I'd probably try to stay away from that personally though I've never tried it or looked into it much so who knows. I'm aware that's legal so that's one positive thing it's got going for it; maybe worth a try some day.

^ Aye, I be aware of this ye scurvy dog.
Quote by Guitar0player
But it also drove him insane.

He poured a beaker over his head. Which is just retarded.

LSD taken in smaller doses on a very occasional basis will not drive you insane unless you are already on the brink of insanity. If you have psychological problems do not try LSD. If you don't . . . well I think that it is worth trying.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Call me Charlie.
Start playing any instrument. except flute...
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Seryaph

LSD taken in smaller doses on a very occasional basis will not drive you insane unless you are already on the brink of insanity. If you have psychological problems do not try LSD. If you don't . . . well I think that it is worth trying.

I am not the risk taking person as I am not entirely sure I am completely sane.
Always be thinking. Always be observing. Just do what seems right to you and it'll be creative.

Quote by Lirarn
Start playing any instrument. except flute...

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by ToastYerLicks
Always be thinking. Always be observing. Just do what seems right to you and it'll be creative.

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

It's weird how people always assumed he was drugged.

Guitar0playedit: I see no codpiece.
You must go to King Kai's home planet. There, he will teach you how to charge your powers, and then release them at will.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Think of an emotion and start playing. My playing seems to mirror whatever emotion I'm focusing on.

3 weeks ago I did X, and I played my guitar for like 3 hours straight, and it was the most fun playing I've had in my life.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by Seryaph

I've never heard that story. When did he do that?

Edit: You know, if you start reading a lot of non-fiction books, your mind will probably just start coming up on things by itself.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Guitar0player
I am not the risk taking person as I am not entirely sure I am completely sane.

oooo wow, you're so edgy and cool.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by BrokenBricks

So are you.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by TDS
Think of an emotion and start playing. My playing seems to mirror whatever emotion I'm focusing on.

3 weeks ago I did X, and I played my guitar for like 3 hours straight, and it was the most fun playing I've had in my life.

SWIM dropped some LSD and played for 8 hours straight with his band.

It was absolutely ****ing increbile.

Call me Charlie.
Quote by BrokenBricks

I am apathetic to both categories.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I've never heard that story. When did he do that?

Edit: You know, if you start reading a lot of non-fiction books, your mind will probably just start coming up on things by itself.

I'm having trouble finding something online to back it up, so maybe it never happened. I've heard from several different people that towards the end of his run with Pink Floyd he ended up pouring a beaker of LSD over his head and that he never really returned from that trip. I have heard things like that Barret would just sit there during a show and play one chord the entire time, or not play at all. Whenever the band took on David Gilmour, he would sing and play guitar while Syd Barret just kind of meandered about the stage, occasionally playing with the band.

Call me Charlie.
Sperm=creativity. You know what to do.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Seryaph
I'm having trouble finding something online to back it up, so maybe it never happened. I've heard from several different people that towards the end of his run with Pink Floyd he ended up pouring a beaker of LSD over his head and that he never really returned from that trip. I have heard things like that Barret would just sit there during a show and play one chord the entire time, or not play at all. Whenever the band took on David Gilmour, he would sing and play guitar while Syd Barret just kind of meandered about the stage, occasionally playing with the band.

You're probably thinking of the Mandrax thing. He took a vial of hair stuff and crushed mandrax into it, put it in his hair to make it stand the way he wanted to, and then when the spot lights hit his head, it eventually melted down his face and looked scary. As far as most reports go, he wasn't actually doing the major acid himself, he was friends with these weird people who would put it in his tea. That may be a rewrite of history, though.

My favorite Syd Barrett story is when he wrote that song, "Have You Got it Yet" or something.. and he'd keep changing it after the band learned it.

Roky Erickson was another one.. Oh, and Skip Spence. I think those two did better music, though.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You're probably thinking of the Mandrax thing. He took a vial of hair stuff and crushed mandrax into it, put it in his hair to make it stand the way he wanted to, and then when the spot lights hit his head, it eventually melted down his face and looked scary. As far as most reports go, he wasn't actually doing the major acid himself, he was friends with these weird people who would put it in his tea. That may be a rewrite of history, though.

My favorite Syd Barrett story is when he wrote that song, "Have You Got it Yet" or something.. and he'd keep changing it after the band learned it.

Roky Erickson was another one.. Oh, and Skip Spence. I think those two did better music, though.

Yeah, that might be what happened.

And I have heard that "Have You Got it Yet?" story. How he taught them the song and then he would change the chords almost every time he played it and kept singing "Have you got it yet?" Untill the band realised he was just making fun of them.

Call me Charlie.
i think its all about trying to access the inner most deep thoughts and emotions in your mind and somehow replicating them on paper. or a guitar. or w/e.

drugs might help, but not always. most of the time they seem to distract me.

i have to say though, i was pretty creative on acid. I was staring at a table for 20min up close b/c i could manipulate the pattern on the table to be whatever I wanted. it was pretty crazy. would've stared at it for hours, but i had to leave because the table was in a school cafeteria and it would have been weird for me to be there for hours.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Last edited by CroneR at Jan 31, 2009,