I'm a cheap bugger, can you guys help me out to choose between these two overly cheap amps?

The Peavy Solo and the Fender Mini Tone Master Now I like metal, and generally you'd think the peavey would be more metal than the fender, and it has thatt all important headphone slot which is what I need, but apparently as well as performing the cleans, the mini tone can squeal like a bitch, and could get distortion. I also like the look of it, and it looks generally...portable, and nifty, and even though they are both balls cheap, this one is more cheaper which may have just grabbed me. What do you experts think? Which should this newbie who likes but is not exluded to metal?

Also, the peavey says its mains powered... Aren't all amps mains powered? I don't get it...
Not all amps are mains powered. Some amps, like the Roland Minicubes, are also capable of running on batteries. They can also use an AC adapter.
You do realize you can hold the fender in the palm of your hand basically, it really is that small. Unless you wanna do a jack black school of rock scene go with the peavey.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by Deathcabforpat
You do realize you can hold the fender in the palm of your hand basically, it really is that small. Unless you wanna do a jack black school of rock scene go with the peavey.

I live in a small flat, the lower the sound the better

. Also, in the Fender's defence, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTh76iAYz-k It can play metal
Last edited by imlife at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by imlife
I live in a small flat, the lower the sound the better.

Well first lemme say that your not going to get a good sound out of either one, don't even try but you will get a usable sound. In other words neither amp is going to accomplish metal or clean that well. If smaller is better go with the fender 1 Watt.

I would seriously consider going for a fender champ. I know its more expensive but worth it in the end. The sound will be one thousand times better. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Champion-600-5-Watt-1x6-Combo-Amp?sku=485054
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
I would go a Roland Cube 15 or 20watt. They are really good for any type of music because they have 5 different types of distortion and an acoustic setting which makes your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar. 4 different effects (chorus, flanger, phaser and tremolo), and also delay and reverb. Its even got a headphone input and this thing called "Power Squeezer" which lowers the amps output to 2 watts (perfect for your small flat or for late at night).