Something good for metal. I've been trying a few out this week, and I've returned a few/had some incidents with one. Here are the ones thus far, that I've tried (and not liked.. :/ )

ESP LTD EX100FM. Feels like a damn toy, the tremolo bridge is horrible.
JS Series Kelly. Again, feels like a fragile toy.
ESP LTD EX 351D - Bought it used, had a few cracks in the neck that wasn't too visible (i believe they were painted over or something, i didnt notice them neither did a guitar tech) Absoloutely loved the guitar, though.

I could save up, but I'd be saving for a great long while as I don't have a job and blah blah blah. :P Help is appreciated.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
you just got unlucky with the ESP EX, get a new one and examine it carefully next time =)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I have a BC Rich Warlock Deluxe. I use it with a Crate GFX 212. Yeah pretty old amp. But I find it very versatile. It can go from Metallica to Beatles to Led Zeppelin in just a few seconds.
Obviously Fassa.
Have you tried anything from Dean? I think Dean low-end isnt too bad most esp compared to crappy ESP and Jackson low-end. How about an Ibanez or is that not metal enough? lol
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

LOL my petty doubts :P You're right though
I own a dean vendetta (99 dollar one) despite it feeling cheap, it's awesome. Most lower end dea
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Do what I did. Go pawn shop hunting.

1) Find pawn shops in your area.

2) Check them for guitars.

2a) If no decent guitars (nothing of any significant value), move on to next pawn shop.

2b) If there is a guitar of significant value (Like my Omen 6 I found) try it, acoustically and then through an amp if available.

3) If you found a guitar you like, take it to the counter, ask guy how much he'll take for it (most pawn shop workers have no idea the value of guitars)

3a) If he/she's cool, they won't go look it up on the computer to see how it's priced new, and give you a low price

3b) If they're a douchebag, they WILL go look it up on the computer for a new price, then push the price UP (Like the bastards did on a dinged up Schecter Hellraiser C-1+ I found; the sticker said $150, I took it to the counter and they looked it up, they took of the sticker and put a new one on there saying $550...gouging bastards...)

4) Purchase.

5) Immediately (Meaning ASAP) go buy new strings for it, as 99.999999999% of all pawn shop guitars have been played by 5 year olds and are probably missing strings anyways.

6) Restring it.

7) Hook it up and ROOOOOCK.

8) ???

9) PROFIT!

EDITTED to eliminate wall-of-text-itis.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Last edited by Snap017 at Jan 31, 2009,