According to this, What American accent do you have?
Just seeing if this is accurate. I live in NC, but I don't have a southern accent, most people think I'm from the Northern states.

I guess those from other countries can participate, it might be a little off. just say where you're from

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."
Philadelphia

link
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
The duplicate thread kind.

*reportade*

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I got northeast which is where I'm from so yeah.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
our Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Makes sense I guess.
I love having an Irish accent when I'm in America . Can't wait for my year abroad.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Makes sense, even though I've lived in Texas my whole life.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I scored closest to Philadelphia, and I live in a suburb right outside of Philly.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
our Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Makes sense I guess.
I love having an Irish accent when I'm in America . Can't wait for my year abroad.

According to my old history teacher, Irish/English/Scottish accents derived into that whiny Boston/New York accent first... before the other American accents developed.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Last edited by Bushinarin at Jan 31, 2009,
Arizonanian
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I got The West,
which is awesome.

I really have no accent of any kind so it's pretty accurate
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Your Result: The Inland North
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Yes... I call soda "pop", imagine that one. Aint'chat weeuhrd?
mmmk.
Quote by Bushinarin

According to my old history teacher, Irish/English/Scottish accents derived into that whiny Boston/New York accent first... before the other American accents developed.

Ya that's what I was thinking, because the Irish diaspora went mainly to the East Coast at first, mainly Boston and NYC as far as I know.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Inland North, no surprise there. I grew up in Wisconsin.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I'm from NYC.

It nailed me, I'm from Philadelphia.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!