Well, i need a new guitar, around $450 AUD. I play metal (metallica, megadeth, sevenfold), stuff like RHCP and some blues, but mainly metal. I guess all it needs are humbuckers, preferably 24 frets, but doesn't matter too much. I am willing to go used. Also i wouldn't worry about getting something and doing a pick-up swap. I've been looking at epiphone, maybe a jackson.

hope you can help
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Fender Fat Strat would help for the Chilis and blues, and still has a humbucker for metal but I'm not sure how that would stack up in your price range
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
yea, but i want one that does more metal. i guess its 75% metal, 25% others
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

For $549 you can get a jackson kelly.

2nd best guitar I ever owned!
Love them and it takes a beating!

Might buy another one when my dinky gives up (dinky is better though in my opinion)
RIP CHUCK 13/12
RIP DIME 08/12
RIP ALEXI 12/12/08

FEAR OF THE MARK, I love you!!

This isn't a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom, never forget that - Bill Hicks
Get a Dinky. I have a RR3 (as you can see in my sig), and for some reason, I can't "connect" with John Frusciante's playing on it, whereas I can with my Squier.
You're all talking about 22 fret guitars...aren't u?

Schecter is the only thing in your price range that has the features you want (24frets, humbuckers, active or passive to suit your tastes), and yes, they are plenty metal. Wait for the 2009 lineup though, as they have alot of new designs in the cheaper Omen range. Or bargain the crap out of the older models because places like Billy Hyde are itching to get them out the door to make way for the 2009 schecter stock (I know this for a fact).

Australian markups are ridiculous, so bear in mind that when he says $450AUD, including markups over here it really only leaves guitars under the $200USD price range. I know because I live in Melbourne, which rocks, but the guitar gear prices really, really suck.
Cort do 24 fret guitars, active and passive pickups, excellent build qaulity.
I have a KX5 with near-to-active pickups, coil tapped, 24 frets, 2 Humbuckers, tuneomatic bridge etc. Yeah.

CORTEdit: http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/cort/index.htm I dont know if its trusted or not though.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Feb 1, 2009,
man save a bit more money casue in this month all aussie gear is gonna have a huge price hike so if i were you i would save for longer and get an ESP/LTD 500 or 200 or something i foufn that www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au was real handy for pricing stuff like that
Quote by maximus69er
man save a bit more money casue in this month all aussie gear is gonna have a huge price hike so if i were you i would save for longer and get an ESP/LTD 500 or 200 or something i foufn that www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au was real handy for pricing stuff like that

huh?
oh and is the esp ltd mh-50(51?) any good?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Minarik Lotus?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Ibanez RG or S Series?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by metalocalypse21
For $549 you can get a jackson kelly.
2nd best guitar I ever owned!
Love them and it takes a beating!

Might buy another one when my dinky gives up (dinky is better though in my opinion)

That would be a JS series though wouldn't it?
at my local shop, they used to have a JS for $499, and i bought something else (which i regret) and i spoke to the guy, and they can get them the same price. But are there anything else that I could compare to?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Go into you pawn shop, mine has great deals.. they had a really nice high-end warlock for $499 with emg 81/85s and all alabone ****. But i hate warlocks.

http://www.turramusic.com.au/Pages/CatalogueItem.aspx?CIID=598
(a little little bit over)
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Feb 2, 2009,
good luck bud. nearest thing would be an esp m10 or m50. really wirth goin up to a grand if youre serious. you will get a guitar you wont be fed up with in 6 months.

patience

and for god sake dont get a fat strat unless you intend on retrofitting a decent humbucker. it will still have that bright, punchy strat tone which is great for lead guitar, and old school rock, but you sound as if you need a chunky sounding rock guitar, with a little versatility.

even though i am a lover of emg active pickups, i wouldnt recommend them for anything less than metal. love the dimarzio evo 2.
dude prowl around cashies, they hav good guitars cheap, no ****. There's one around the corner to my school in freo, and there is seriously at least one guitar gone and a new guitar every 3 days. Once they had a Jackson RR3 there for 679 in perfect condition, the clerk said it was there for 2 hours. go figure