I've been playing guitar for about a month now, and I can't play very much yet (surprise surprise).

The only song I can play fully is "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes; everything else are just riffs.

What are some songs that I can play in their entirety? Thanks!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
The key is so go through every song SUPER slow. Even the best guitarists will have to do this for learning new songs. Make a note once eery 2 seconds if it helps until you can do the riff automatically and perfectly. Then and only then try to go faster.

For the record I have a wide music taste. These are just riffs that can be easy.

1. Unholy Confessions - Avenged Sevenfold
2. Four words to choke upon - Bullet for my valentine (intro)
3. Tears Don't Fall - Bullet for my valentine (intro)
4. Forever and always - Bullet for my valentine
5. I HATE FOB - Learn the first minute to Dance Dance - Fallout Boy.
6. Are you dead yet? - Children of Bodom (intro)

If i can think of any more i'll post.

I just read the entire song thing but then thought i should tell you not to tie yourself down to learning one song. A guy made a very interesting post on how different songs teach you different styles. What I did, and still am doing, is learn loads of different riffs for different songs, as each song uses different methods and styles. This creates your own style/improves skil of alll different methods.
Last edited by Sammm1 at Jan 31, 2009,
oh man newb guy! I love you guys. sorry no offense. But yeah. Uhh.... that's cool man. Try looking up "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. But what bands ytou into man thatd be easier. learning stuff you know you can learn easier, and it'd be more fun. but name like your 3 favorite bands man. or guitarists if you want lead stuff.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Breaking the Law by Judas Priest is so easy.

I love that song!
I have the tabs, but I still can't play it at speed yet. I'd love to have just the intro down.....
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by What_is_my_name
But what bands ytou into man thatd be easier. learning stuff you know you can learn easier, and it'd be more fun. but name like your 3 favorite bands man. or guitarists if you want lead stuff.

Um... It's hard to say. I'm really into Hendrix, Metallica, Black Sabbath, and pretty much any classic rock stuff. Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, whatever.

Yeah, I know, that probably didn't help very much.
Quote by yellowsnow4free
Um... It's hard to say. I'm really into Hendrix, Metallica, Black Sabbath, and pretty much any classic rock stuff. Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, whatever.

Black Sabbath I'd say learn the Planet Caravan riff, it will probably be challenging but do it, it's cool.
Also, Sweet Leaf to practice power chord changes.
I would try and pick songs you know well. They will be much easier to play. Have a look at what people suggest and pick those you know.
ok man here. I am a hendrix fan too so yeah. try and learn the intro to voodoo chile, and purple haze. Metallica.... well its hard(er) but the song "Jump in the fire" is amazing for alternate pickin and going up and down strings. ACDC try Back in black of course, maybe TNT, and maybe Hells Bells. And I dont know if you do but if you like Aerosmith try um.... Walk this way, or last child (the main riff the intro maybe not for someone new to chords, but some practice and you can nail them)
but yeah man try some of those if you cant so them I am sorry, but they come from me. I know all of those songs, and they weren't that hard to learn. When you get decent give um my favorite song "Paradise City" by GNR a try. very good for going up and down strings, rhythm, playing fast, all the techniques put to the test on that tune. and if your like me that song is the greatest piece ever because it is me and my wife, Kaitlin's song. And I played it at our wedding. fun stuff. very cool. But yeah sorry about that.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze and Foxy Lady (Main riff)

A good song to make your alternate picking better would be Greenday - Wake me up when september ends.

Hope that helped
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
almost anything by green day is easy enough. the easiest by them are Brain Stew and Warning
Quote by yellowsnow4free

If you like Metallica and want a little bit of a challenge try Sanitarium, its good for beginners IMO
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Some Red Hot Chili Pepper's stuff got me through that period. Riffs, chords, improvs - it's all there.
anything by the sex pistols

its all power chords and easy solos
RE!
SPECT!
WALK!

What'd you say?!
Thanks for all the responses everyone!
Quote by Red33
If you like Metallica and want a little bit of a challenge try Sanitarium, its good for beginners IMO

I think I will try that one next. I think it is one of their best.
learn Raining Blood. that was the first song i learned. its pretty easy