hey this is my first post I'm having trouble with my plectrums when I try to improve my alternative picking and downpicking my plectrums wear off and bend, am I meant to keep changing picks or can anyone recommend me a plectrum, they start to disintergrate on the day I start using them...
Last edited by sreknawllaru at Jan 31, 2009,
What thickness do you use?
Are they really thin?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Mine used to turn into this.
--------_______-----------------
-------/------------\---------------
------|--FENDER--|------------
-------\------------/---------------
--------\----------/----------------
---------\_____/-----------------
But Recently Ive changed my picking habits a bit, so I dig less deep, and its extended the life of my picks.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
What thickness do you use?
Are they really thin?

I use 88s I'm not sure if there too thin or just a rubbish brand, I use 10 guage strings so I have to fret fairly hard
Last edited by sreknawllaru at Jan 31, 2009,
Thicker pick.

You must use a thicker 1, because the sound will else be flappy, and if you pick notes, it also bends, which can result in timing issues at faster tempo's.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by WishfulShredder
jazz III ftw

^+1, and the 2mm small stubby. Don't really like the 3mm. The 1mm white transparent one is good too. Despite being 1mm, it still doesn't flex.

Overall they're great for picking and everything else, but that's what suits me.
Quote by sreknawllaru
hey this is my first post I'm having trouble with my plectrums when I try to improve my alternative picking and downpicking my plectrums wear off and bend, am I meant to keep changing picks or can anyone recommend me a plectrum, they start to disintergrate on the day I start using them...

I'm using the ULTEX Jazz III:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=334&pmh=products/picks

They are still sharp on the tip even after about 4 hours playing.
Good grip, perfect for good articulation.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Get a thick pick; they make alternate and sweep picking much easier. I personally like Dunlop 1.14mm blue gators.

+1
Quote by grzkla
I'm using the ULTEX Jazz III:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=334&pmh=products/picks

They are still sharp on the tip even after about 4 hours playing.
Good grip, perfect for good articulation.

yea, I got some of them too, I love the way they feel and play, the only thing is the damn color and the semi-transparency. they are so easy to lose! they just disappear!
Picks, like strings, will wear out. That's just the nature of them. Choose one because you like it, not because of the wear. Some wear faster than others and certain materials hardly wear at all (i.e. I think it'd take a LONG time to wear a Jazz III), but they all wear to a degree.

The picks I happen to like are stiff & thick, but they just don't wear very well. However, there IS such a thing as sandpaper and files. I like a sharp point and I always sharpen a new pick with sandpaper, which can also be used to maintain a pick longer.
Quote by WishfulShredder
jazz III ftw

+2

I think they're thickness is about 1.2 or 1.3 mm, and they are quite durable.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.