I haven't really been listening to metal that much, but I recently started and I need some suggestions for a couple of good bands to listen too.
At the moment I listen to:
Parkway Drive (Metalcore am i right?)
In Flames (Melodic Death Metal?)
Bullet For My Valentine (same?)
and also some classic stuff like Metallica, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath.

Thanks for your time
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Use the recommendation thread

*closed*

....oh wait I'm not a mod anymore

As you might understand I do not know which bands go under what sub-genre...
I wonder if anyone have any suggestions of bands that are sort of similar to the bands i mentioned above
Quote by and3nlol
As you might understand I do not know which bands go under what sub-genre...
I wonder if anyone have any suggestions of bands that are sort of similar to the bands i mentioned above

So listen bo goddamnit.

Go to the rec thread.
I've found Jesus
You got Parkway Drive and In Flames right. BFMV is in a genre named 'gay', where all stuff that is gay goes, be it bad metalcore, bad nuMetal, bad modern rock or whatever.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
You got Parkway Drive and In Flames right. BFMV is in a genre named 'gay', where all stuff that is gay goes, be it bad metalcore, bad nuMetal, bad modern rock or whatever.

What about Gorgoroth?. Or does it have to be the whole band?

And Rec Thread goddammit.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Last edited by Taydr at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by MHDrunk

I prefer the term 'tripe', as it's both less offensive and more effective at the same time.
I find that 'shit' works better. It has a much more interesting effect on fanboys.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by Taydr
What about Gorgoroth?. Or does it have to be the whole band?

And Rec Thread goddammit.

Why the edit? Priest are probably more gay than Gorgoroth

Anyway, everybody stop posting. The more posts I see in threads like these the more I feel like becoming a hermit.
Lappo, offensively bad music deserves an offensive name
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to