ok so ive finally decided to get a peavey 5150/6505 head with a vader cab. what are the pros and cons of using the 2x12 rather than the 4x12? ive read something about the head not being able to handle the 480 watts on the 4x12. also since i can set my head to either 4, 8 , or 16 ohms i need to know whats the difference between each and what ohmage cab i should buy for playing metal.
The head is the one that's sending the signal, the 480 watts is the power capacity of the cab so you don't have to worry about that. Ohms really don't matter all that much for sound if you keep them matched up ect....8-8, 4-4, 16-16. A 2x12 is easier to move around, costs a little less too. A 4x12 moves more air and has better sound distribution.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
I should clarify, Ohms measure the resistance of a signal in electricity. The more Ohms, the more flow of electricity that is being resisted in a conductor. Ex....a 4 ohm signal is stronger than a 16 ohm signal. It doesn't really matter to sound quality as long as the head is on the same ohm setting at the cab 4-4, 8-8, 16-16.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
4x12 have a bit more bass end, but I prefer 2x12, much easier to carry etc. and the sound difference isn't all that big
ok guys! ive made the decision to get the vader 2x12! such a big step up from my 50$ crate amp. ROFL

thanks for all the info. ppl on these forums been so much help today!
Quote by Xaeravoq
ok guys! ive made the decision to get the vader 2x12! such a big step up from my 50$ crate amp. ROFL

thanks for all the info. ppl on these forums been so much help today!

Have fun with your new amp
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.