Page 1 of 3
Try this: throughout the course of your day, write down what you worry about.

try it!

go through one entire, normal day, week, whatever, and write down what you worry about.

next day, look at that list objectively and think to yourself, "do I really need to worry about that?"

because there's one thing I've learned since living on my own, and that's this:

sometimes life is just soooo much easier and more pleasant if you just don't give a shit about certain things.

oh no, i had to sell my guitar to pay for my apartment and food!

you know what? at the end of the day, what really matters? a fucking guitar or a roof over your head and food?

oh no, i got fired from my job!

so what? go do something else, go clean dishes or mop floors, there's work everywhere, you just have to go out and find it.

oh no, I don't have enough money for an Ipod/computer/CD/hooker!

just shut up. seriously, shut up and think what really matters.

life is way too materialistic, and we worry way too much about things that really don't matter. we should worry more about trying to be better people in the sense of helping ourselves and others than about if we're going to be able to afford a car when we reach 18.

does anyone agree? am I alone with the idea that we worry way too much about crap that doesn't really matter?
this is a pretty good idea. I think I'll do this.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I shall try, thank you.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Life is only what the mind makes it. I make mine with lollipops and candy clowns.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
What if the things you worry about have nothing to do with material?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Corey, did you get fired today?

hired, actually. got a job "cleaning dished and mopping floors", because I was desperately in need of money and had refused jobs like this before.

and now, after a day's work, I'm at home and 40 bucks richer going "why the hell didn't I do this before?"

oh yeah, because I was an idiot

Quote by rabidguitarist

well, if you're worrying about what other people think of you, then it's stupid.

if you're worrying about your mother dying of cancer, that's something else.

also, I'm not saying don't wish for materialistic things but for christ sake they're not so important
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 31, 2009,
clap clap clap clap clap

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I generally am happy without materialistic items because I don't have THAT many possessions to brag about. I'm a worrier though, can't help it so I don't think this would work for me, good idea though.
I fear becoming like you.

EDIT: Your attitude defines what "matters" to you. Saying "nothing matters" is essentially the equivalent of commiting mental suicide.

What do you stand for, seriously?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Try this: throughout the course of your day, write down what you worry about.

try it!

go through one entire, normal day, week, whatever, and write down what you worry about.

next day, look at that list objectively and think to yourself, "do I really need to worry about that?"

because there's one thing I've learned since living on my own, and that's this:

sometimes life is just soooo much easier and more pleasant if you just don't give a shit about certain things.

you know what? at the end of the day, what really matters? a fucking guitar or a roof over your head and food?

oh no, i got fired from my job!

so what? go do something else, go clean dishes or mop floors, there's work everywhere, you just have to go out and find it.

just shut up. seriously, shut up and think what really matters.

life is way too materialistic, and we worry way too much about things that really don't matter. we should worry more about trying to be better people in the sense of helping ourselves and others than about if we're going to be able to afford a car when we reach 18.

does anyone agree? am I alone with the idea that we worry way too much about crap that doesn't really matter?

You're cool. Seriously. Good idea.
Quote by CoreysMonster

how am i supposed to pick up chicks unless i have a car with an ipod to blast some tunez?? and i'll definatley need a computer for the ipod, otherwise it's completely usless! and the prostitute, well, sometimes i've just gotta give myself a little treat
Whaaaaaaaat, you telling me that I shouldn't be worrying about what to buy with my new luxurious lifestyle?!
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by drunkinkoala
I like living a materialistic life

there's nothing wrong with that, we all do
but if for some reason you can't, don't worry about it.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

EDIT: Your attitude defines what "matters" to you. Saying "nothing matters" is essentially the equivalent of commiting mental suicide.

Jeez dude, you should overreact even MORE next time!
Quote by SlinkyBlue

huh? I never said nothing matters. I'm saying don't waste your time worrying. if you dislike something about your life, change it! do whatever it takes!

but don't sit around moping "oooh woe is me".

this is the thing farthest from mental suicide! I'm not saying not to care about anything, I'm saying care about the important things, like being a good person, helping others, having a roof over your head and being able to feed yourself, and don't waste your time worrying about things that really don't matter.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by SlinkyBlue

There is a difference between.. ^that and just letting some things go. While TS is taking this to an extreme, doing what he said, just to a less extent could make life much more enjoyable, yet you still will be a productive member of society as oppsed to someone living off welfare.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Dreadnought
Jeez dude, you should overreact even MORE next time!

Sorry man I have a bitch hangover, everythings pissing me off.

Probably not the best idea to be in the pit, as such

I just believe that unless someone has goals to set for themselves and passionately cares about them, then there's nothing to live for.

If I lost my job I'd be immediatelly out finding a new one. Facts are facts, you need money to stay alive.

If I had a choice between my beloved stratocaster and eating at taco bell once a day, I'd pick neither and get another job.

You've got to care, man. If you don't care about anything, whats the point of living.

I didn't mean to jump down your throat, TS, sorry man. Just 10 hours ago I was on a toilet puking my brains out so I'm kinda touchy, nothing personal bro
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by rabidguitarist

Ja, my worries have more to do with ze fabric, dahh-link.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by CoreysMonster

Well, I would rather have my guitar than a roof over my head. I'd gladly live on the streets if it was that or no guitar. Yes, I am that addicted to it.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by CoreysMonster
there's nothing wrong with that, we all do
but if for some reason you can't, don't worry about it.

Makes sense...
Quote by bry0n
Well, I would rather have my guitar than a roof over my head. I'd gladly live on the streets if it was that or no guitar. Yes, I am that addicted to it.

Pfft, no you wouldn't
Quote by CoreysMonster
huh? I never said nothing matters. I'm saying don't waste your time worrying. if you dislike something about your life, change it! do whatever it takes!

But that would involve becoming a genius physicist/engineer/mathematician, building a viable time machine, travelling forward in time to find a cure for diabetes, travelling backwards in time to invest money in Microsoft so that I can afford to build my time machine in the future, travelling back to the present, becoming a doctor so that I understand the cure for diabetes and can implement it...AHHH! My head
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Dreadnought
Pfft, no you wouldn't

well, currently I have a roof over my head, so what do I really know? Exaclty. Nothing.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

I just believe that unless someone has goals to set for themselves and passionately cares about them, then there's nothing to live for.

If I lost my job I'd be immediatelly out finding a new one. Facts are facts, you need money to stay alive.

If I had a choice between my beloved stratocaster and eating at taco bell once a day, I'd pick neither and get another job.

You've got to care, man. If you don't care about anything, whats the point of living.

but that's not what I'm saying!
I'm saying don't waste time worrying and bitching about things that happen to you, and go out and DO something against it!

if you have a dream and have to suffer, pull it through!

I'm going through a lot of crap to fulfill my dreams, and I realised that while I was doing that I was worrying way too much about crap that didn't matter.

so what if I can't go out every weekend? I'm doing what i want to do, and in the end that is much more fulfilling than all the bastards still living at their parents' house with 22, not knowing where the hell they want to go or what they want to do.

I'm sticking with my life as a poor dishwasher who, on the side, is struggeling to become a 3D animator.

that's what I meant
This is an interesting thread.

...oh wait- I don't give a damn...

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by esther_mouse
But that would involve becoming a genius physicist/engineer/mathematician, building a viable time machine, travelling forward in time to find a cure for diabetes, travelling backwards in time to invest money in Microsoft so that I can afford to build my time machine in the future, travelling back to the present, becoming a doctor so that I understand the cure for diabetes and can implement it...AHHH! My head

esther you confused and amazed me with that post
Dude i really like your output on life, I completely agree with you though and hopefully i'll be able to try this out one day/week in the near future
Quote by bry0n

have you ever lived out on the streets?

try it out, I had to for a week.
not cool.

not at all.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

I didn't mean to jump down your throat, TS, sorry man. Just 10 hours ago I was on a toilet puking my brains out so I'm kinda touchy, nothing personal bro

the problem with living for the sole purpose of completing goals you've set for yourself is that once you complete those goals, you've got nothing to live for until you set more goals. You'll just spend your entire life chasing after goals you keep setting, and you never have satisfaction.
Living for day to day enjoyment is much more fulfilling, and it prevents you from having a stroke at 45.
Quote by bry0n

yet you are still in the pit most pit monkeys dont even have a guitar they just got banned from 4chan
Quote by El Gigante
O.K. Thoreau...

this is one of the most educated posts I have ever seen in the pit

sorry, I had to think of that one Calvin and Hobbes strip...
Page 1 of 3