hello people of the UG forum!

im wanting to get a delay pedal, but im on a bit of a budget (cos i dont want to spend too much money from my bank account)
so i was hoping to not pay much over £70 (around $100)
at first i wanted to see if i could get a good cheap boss second hand, but the ebay bids go a bit high, but now im just wanting one too much!
i would be willing to buy second hand if itll be cheaper
(send me an ebay link if you want or summink so we dont violate the forum rules!)

im wanting one for straight up, medium length delay, but if its versatile for different styles then thats best
good slapback sounds would be cool (cos itll make me sound better than i actually am haha)

id like to be able to do crazy stuffs with it too for experimenting (like Mike Einziger from incubus does in pistola)
like self oscilation craziness, or where itll have lts of repeats, and changing the delay time makes crazy sounds, and like spacey, pitch shifting style sounds (if that makes sense?)

because im on a budget i dont expect to get an anologue pedal
im gonna try them out before i buy anything though!
if you want to know my rig, its in my sig below
also, i dont want anything thatll effect my clean tone when its not on, because im very protective over it haha
i dont care if its not true bypass though, cos bosses arent true bypass but dont effect tone (well, my keeley blues driver doesnt anyway) but like iv had a digitech OD which made a noticeable difference on my clean sound

the delay use style i like is,a s mentioned, incubus (pistola the main example), radiohead (subterranean homesick alien) and for a more straight out delay like coheed and cambria sometimes use, and like some of the soft stuff in early alexisonfire

ones ive read about alot (which ARE possibly in my price range) are Boss DD-3, Electo Harmonix No.1 digital delay and the Ibanez DE-7 (which looks and sounds cool from the demos ive seen, but im worried about the on/off switch ive heard bad things about)

hopefully there is enough info there for a good idea, cheers for any possible help!
if you know a good place to order from on a budget let me know!
(cos im a cheap b*****d)

cheers!
Get the EHX Echo #1. I got mine for $75 USD on ebay. Best delay I've ever used. Its not analog though, but its a very versatile pedal.
yeh, i read some reveiws on it and watched some demos, it did sound pretty sick

but i think iread somewhere that it doesnt self oscilate and so crazy stuff
i realise i may get bored of that feature, but it would be cool to use!
when on high repeats, does it go on for a long time? and when you alter the delay time during repeats does it create the spacey/pitch altering sound?

i know not a wise idea to base my opinion on its ability to do crazy shiz, but it would be fun!

ill definitely try one out in a shop though!
Quote by xwearesinking
Grab the DE-7.

ive heard things about the switch being broken easily, have you ever had trouble?

ive had bad luck in the past with pedals, but not the switches yet (normally the harware inside itself i think)

does it effect the tone when bypassed?
Quote by jaybals
yeh, i read some reveiws on it and watched some demos, it did sound pretty sick

but i think iread somewhere that it doesnt self oscilate and so crazy stuff
i realise i may get bored of that feature, but it would be cool to use!
when on high repeats, does it go on for a long time? and when you alter the delay time during repeats does it create the spacey/pitch altering sound?

i know not a wise idea to base my opinion on its ability to do crazy shiz, but it would be fun!

ill definitely try one out in a shop though!

It Doesn't affect tone to any noticeable degree when bypassed.

The time-shifting is one of the best I've ever heard in a digital delay pedal.

The feedback knob is very sensitive.

I haven't had a problem with the bypass switch yet.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by eyebanez333
Get the EHX Echo #1. I got mine for $75 USD on ebay. Best delay I've ever used. Its not analog though, but its a very versatile pedal.

+1.