I've been looking at a lot of different amps, and these two are both 60watts. The Fireball usually gets a lot of great reviews, but how would it compare to the VHT Deliverance?

I'm looking at those for the lower watt heads and for the higher watt range: Peavey 5150, Framus Cobra, ENGL Powerball.

I'm having a hard time deciding which would work best for my purposes, low volume to high volume playablilty, abilty to cut through, and a ton of gain. I have another post running on the bigger amps, so this was more for the difference of the two in the topic.
I'd reckon the ENGL is better value for money but I've never tried a Deliverance
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
what country are you in? the fireball is about half the price of the deliverance in europe, while in the USA/Canada I imagine they're both a similar price.

i prefer the deliverance, but that's because it's more aimed at what i play.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've heard that the Fireball doesn't cut through well in a band situation but I've never tried it myself.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Dave_Mc
what country are you in? the fireball is about half the price of the deliverance in europe, while in the USA/Canada I imagine they're both a similar price.

i prefer the deliverance, but that's because it's more aimed at what i play.

I'm in the US, so they're about the same out here. I play stuff, like: Brother Von Doom, Slayer, Atreyu, The Showdown, Pantera, Disturbed, Lamb of God.
Quote by Lucky7s
I'm in the US, so they're about the same out here. I play stuff, like: Brother Von Doom, Slayer, Atreyu, The Showdown, Pantera, Disturbed, Lamb of God.

I'd say both amps can do those bands, but the Fireball is voiced differently. Hate to break it to you, but like in 99% of these threads you're just going to have to try them.

That said, I think the VHT is more versatile, but I love the fireball voicing for metal.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Lucky7s
I've been looking at a lot of different amps, and these two are both 60watts. The Fireball usually gets a lot of great reviews, but how would it compare to the VHT Deliverance?

I'm looking at those for the lower watt heads and for the higher watt range: Peavey 5150, Framus Cobra, ENGL Powerball.

I'm having a hard time deciding which would work best for my purposes, low volume to high volume playablilty, abilty to cut through, and a ton of gain. I have another post running on the bigger amps, so this was more for the difference of the two in the topic.

The deliverance doesn't really have that much gain...it's not VHT's metal amp in my eyes, that would be the UL Pitbull.

I'd look into the Fireball of bias modded 5150. I don't think that the 5150 is anything more than **** until it is bias modded, after that is a raging beast from hell.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
VHT is loads more versatile, even though it's only one channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBp3teijBro

That vid shows the dynamics of the Deliverance the best. guitar is an Ibanez Universe straight in, just manipulating volume knob and pickups for all tones. I actually really want a Deliverance after watching it.
^ yeah, to me the vht is a lot more versatile and i like it more, but for the heavy bands he wants, the fireball might do it better out of the box.

as mark says, you're ideally going to want to try them- if you find the vht gets heavy enough (or gets there with a boost), personally i'd get that one, apart from anything it's much better value where you are.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Perfect case of apples vs oranges.

Very dry and unforgiving vs Extreme saturation

You have to try these two out before you make a decision to really grasp the differences
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Both seem quite dry and boxy to me. Very one dimensional (though that one plain may be a good sound).
They both lack life and the soulful tone (of even other metal amps)

The VHT just wins.

If i was in that situation - id prob. go for a modded 5150 or a Splawn Nitro or a pumped Mesa.
I take it the powerball wouldn't be much different from the fireball in comparison to the VHT?
Quote by Lucky7s
I take it the powerball wouldn't be much different from the fireball in comparison to the VHT?

Regardless of what many people conclude, i found that when i tried the pball, it was quite different than the fball. They excel both at the same thing, being high gain modern metal...but the Powerball I found to have much more liquid and smooth gain...but yet still maintained brutal punch, crunch, and saturation.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Will it be called the Fryette Deliverance now that VHT belongs to AXL?

just curious?
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Quote by kayman121
Regardless of what many people conclude, i found that when i tried the pball, it was quite different than the fball. They excel both at the same thing, being high gain modern metal...but the Powerball I found to have much more liquid and smooth gain...but yet still maintained brutal punch, crunch, and saturation.

i felt the same, but i should add that i haven't tried the powerball for absolutely ages, so it's possible if i tried it tomorrow i may think differently...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im not a fan of the Fryettes dry tone to be honest nor did it have the gain to keep up with the fireball. So I do prefer the Fireball over it, but the fireball can sound quite monotone. It's not really lively its just a ton of saturation. And versatility sucks horribly as well. I would honestly look for something a bit different all together..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by Butters8754
Will it be called the Fryette Deliverance now that VHT belongs to AXL?

just curious?

Yes. All the serious formerly VHT amps are now Fryettes, incl the Deliverance & Pittbull.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
Yes. All the serious formerly VHT amps are now Fryettes, incl the Deliverance & Pittbull.

Thanks for the heads up!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head