As some of you may or may not know, I've been wanting to buy a new guitar (Tele) for about a month now. So today I had nothing better to do, so I went Guitar Center to try some out. My local Guitar Center has the best guitar selection out of all the stores in my area, but lacks in the amp department. Here's what went down:

I have about $350 saved now, plus I'm trading in my Classic 30, and hope to get $200-300 for it. So as soon as this all goes through and I work a weekend or two, I will have enough.

First when I walked and spotted a blonde Road Worn Tele ($950), and I have heard mixed feelings about them so I plugged into some Fender Tube amp right by it quick to give her a go. It played alright, probably around the area of a MIM, and the finish looked quite fake and the neck had very noticable wear everywhere except between frets 9 and 12, like the person that "played it" meticulously avoided those.

Used MIA Tele in sunburst: ($849): Played this through an Egnater Rebel. Sounds sexy to the millionth degree, and is in Mint Condition. This is my first choice once I save up enough. Can't really say anything else about it exept that I hope it's still there in a few weeks. :/

Road Worn Strat in sunburst w/ rosewood fretboard. ($950): This played substantially better than the Road Worn Tele, but the finish and fret thing I mentioned remained true.

MIM Tele in artic white: ($450) This guitar was nice, better than most of the MIM's i've played. It still doesn't compete with the MIA Tele though.

Highway One Tele in sunburst ($750): Played nicer than the MIM, and Road Worns, but the neck just didn't feel right. I like 'em glossy-er. Liked the thin finish, probably would get some realistic relicing within 10 years.

Figured I should talked about the Egnater Rebel ($600) I played most the time through: It was very nice sounding through the matching 1x12. Slight noticable difference between the 6v6 and EL34 tube mix. Not really any noticable difference between 1-20 watts. The bright switch did what it was supposed to, and the tight switch really didn't make it change to my ears. It's a nice amp (But I like my TT more ).

Final Opinion: I really enjoyed all the guitars I played, but am pretty set on the Used MIA Tele. I hope it sticks around til the funds roll in. Your thoughts?

Oh, AND, I got me a new girlfriend as of last night. She is so nice. Have a look-see.
Last edited by AJS19 at Jan 31, 2009,
Definitely go with the MIA tele. Do you have a credit card with which to buy it now to ensure that it doesn't get taken? Or see if GC has a layaway program.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
Definitely go with the MIA tele. Do you have a credit card with which to buy it now to ensure that it doesn't get taken? Or see if GC has a layaway program.

Yeah I have a debit card, but i'm only 17, so you have to take a parent with you to pick it up, and they hate when I buy gear. Also, since i'm not 18, the layaway only lasts a week. I'll figure something out though.
MIA Standard tele. No doubt.

The road worn tele is a no. It's basically a scuffed and scratched MIM-level strat that's the same price as a standard.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by Skierinanutshel
nice. are the burst teles bound?

tele+burst+body binding=

and on the girl!

No, it's not binded, but still looks sexy none-the-less.
And thanks!
nice spam
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by wolfy808
MIA Standard tele. No doubt.

The road worn tele is a no. It's basically a scuffed and scratched MIM-level strat that's the same price as a standard.

No kidding. I just wanted to try 'em out to see if they were okay. Meh. Nothing special. I could get lots better for $950.
I'd go with the American tele, the RW series are just overpriced and poorly finished MIM's

Congrats on the girlfriend as well :-)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Get that girl on the corner. You'll rake in thousands in a week; that'll get you enough for a brand new Tele and an amazing amp.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by JWD32792
I'd go with the American tele, the RW series are just overpriced and poorly finished MIM's

Congrats on the girlfriend as well :-)

Yeah they don't look real IMO. And thank you.
Quote by Snap017
Get that girl on the corner. You'll rake in thousands in a week; that'll get you enough for a brand new Tele and an amazing amp.

You make a point..... Just kidding.
But, I have always wanted that Rockerverb 50...
Last edited by AJS19 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by AJS19
You make a point..... Just kidding.

Yea, that was my poor attempt at getting sigged for the week.

Still, if you need cash and you don't mind, I could fly her to Houston for a day...
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017

Still, if you need cash and you don't mind, I could fly her to Houston for a day...

That'll run you about $3000.

Rockerverb ($2000) + Tele and case ($1000) = Mmmmm.
Quote by Snap017

Your lucky i'm nice. Today you can be in my sig.
Quote by AJS19
Your lucky i'm nice. Today you can be in my sig.

Shweet. Never been sigged before...it's a good feeling.

Just for that, I pay her extra for you.

Quote by Snap017
Shweet. Never been sigged before...it's a good feeling.

Just for that, I pay her extra for you.

Okay..maybe I can get a PPC212 now too!
If you can, MIA for sure.

and congratz on the new girl
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Snap017

And let the kitchen go unattended?
I think not.

Go for the MIA Tele.
Good luck with the girl too.
She looks adsactly like this girl in music studio at my school.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']And let the kitchen go unattended?
I think not.

Go for the MIA Tele.
Good luck with the girl too.
She looks adsactly like this girl in music studio at my school.

Now i have to add that little bit to my sig!!