Poll: Epiphone Les Paul or Agile Les Paul?
Poll Options
View poll results: Epiphone Les Paul or Agile Les Paul?
Epiphone
18 50%
Agile
18 50%
Voters: 36.
Which Les Paul model to you guys recommend? I will change the pickups if necessary.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Seems I'm the only person to vote. I said Epiphone because it was actually a fairly nice guitar, although the bridge pickup was a little too bassy for my liking.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Seems I'm the only person to vote. I said Epiphone because it was actually a fairly nice guitar, although the bridge pickup was a little too bassy for my liking.

How to solve that:

Turn the bass down on your amp

I prefer Epiphones, specifically Les Paul Standards and Les Paul Customs.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Never heard anything about the Agile LP's, so I'd say Epi.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Epiphone, I love mine.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If you can afford the prince increase for the 'real' body shape, Epiphone.

If you can't afford the higher price tag or you just plain don't care about getting the exact real body shape, Agile.

The quality is the same, you're just paying more for the Epi because it's body is shaped exactly right while the Agile is a bit 'stumpy'.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
AGILE. get some ebony lovin', MOP, hand filed frets, kent is there if you have any problems.

I was going to get an Epi Les Paul Custom, played it alot at my guitar center, two of them.
I went with Agile. It is sick. Cost less, higher quality.
I'd suggest Agile, of all the Epi's I've played I haven't like one close to as much as I love my Agile. If you can test some Epi's at a guitar store nearby, then I would suggest doing that and if you find one you love, go with it. If not, maybe try an Agile, Ken is very good with his customers and you can return anything, pretty much no matter what without any hassle. So it's pretty much just going to boil down to personal preference.
Is the agile shape different?
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Quote by clyne39
Is the agile shape different?

Slightly. The headstock is a bit different and i think the horn is a different size and rounder.

If you can spend the extra cash, an Epiphone would be better imo (like an elitist). Otherwise, Agile is probably the best choice for anything under $500 or so.
Definitely Agile; it just feels far more solid as a guitar.

Not sure if my opinion of Agile would really count though.
Agile. Agile makes better stuff in general. Just change the pick ups, and you'll have a guitar better than a high end EP.

I just put my SD Alnico Pro II humbucker set in my Agile PS970...holy crap. It's like $500 of a guitar, sounding better than a $1500+ guitar.
Despite what the poll shows, most people who've tried Agiles and Epiphones tend to say the Agiles are better. Especially the AL-3000 model....
I haven't played an Agile, but I'm just sayin'.