I have 40 bucks in my wallet right now, and im going to see a Slipknot concert (feat. Coheed and Cambria...and Trivium...don't care about them) but anyway, do they sell anything in the way of clothing and stuff at their concerts that you cant just order online or find in a store or somethign?

The reason i ask is that the No Fear Energy Music Tour tickets are 38 dollars...and it includes Lamb of God (awesome), Children of Bodom (double awesome), God Forbid (too much awesome), As I Lay Dying (can't take more awesome) and Municipal Waste (who i don't actually know). I was wondering if i should save my money and go to the better concert or wait to see what they have for sale...

I could probably get another 40 and by the tickets after i buy something at the concert, but i don't know if the tour would be sold out by the time i get the money. I'm only 17 and have no job so i don't really make money.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Dude...

You get to see Trivium AND Coheed and Cambria.

Even if you have to sit through Slipknot, that's freaking awesome.

I may catch the same tour in March...

But yeah, most bands sell tour shirts you can't get in stores.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
Dude...

You get to see Trivium AND Coheed and Cambria.

Even if you have to sit through Slipknot, that's freaking awesome.

I may catch the same tour in March...

But yeah, most bands sell tour shirts you can't get in stores.

....I don't like trivium....and especially not Coheed and Cambria.... i don't even know why they are allowed on the same tour as Slipknot....but thats my opinion

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
You'll be able to get tour t-shirts online after the tour ends. its the only way they can get rid of excess stock

and you'll get them cheaper too!
Getting stuff at concerts is mad expensive, and they have the same stuff online you really just get them there for sentimental reasons.
Either way, GO SEE LAMB OF GOD! pass that up and you deserve to die...
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by SPBY
....I don't like trivium....and especially not Coheed and Cambria.... i don't even know why they are allowed on the same tour as Slipknot....but thats my opinion

-sigh-

i can't help but think slipknot are the most fake band out there, no matter how hard they drill it into our skulls.

sure it's supposed to be thrash but all they do is over-do how fast joey can play. in their songs all i can hear is shouting/joey doing the same fast riff he's done in all their songs.
Now, if you listen to CaC and Trivium you'll see they use all their instruments to their max and dont have over 9000 members holding drums beating them like crazy.

Buy that's just my opinion (oh, and i actually like all 3 bands)
Last edited by Sammm1 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by SPBY

As politely as possible, I'd just like to say that I feel the exact opposite. I don't see why slipknot was put on a tour with coheed and trivium. It's ridiculous.

But yeah, why don't you bring your money to the show and if they don't have anything you want, buy the tickets with that money the next day.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by racman92
Getting stuff at concerts is mad expensive, and they have the same stuff online you really just get them there for sentimental reasons.
Either way, GO SEE LAMB OF GOD! pass that up and you deserve to die...

I've just decided to buy the tickets. I agree with you and i couldn't pass up 2 (Lamb of God/Children of Bodom) of my favorite bands and 3 other great ones.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
go see bodom and lamb of god dude, they kick slipknots ass
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by SPBY

You mean, "Why are Slipknot allowed on the same tour as Trivium and Coheed," Right?

Slipknot is a band with crazed hardcore kids as their following. You're NOT tough or hardcore because you listen to Slipknot, get that through your head. (If the masks aren't proof enough...then I don't know what is - Fact: Buckethead is the only musician that pulls off the mask)

(Now, both their guitar players are good, but are wasting their talent playing that kind of basic, mainstream Nu-metal crap...and Taylor's got a set of pipes on him, but again, he wastes it with such a poser band...his solo stuff is actually decent.)

Trivium have shaped up into a very good band, and the only thing they need to work on are MKH's growls...everything else is damn good for a mainstream band...and Coheed are, well...Coheed. Everything about them is unique, very talented group of musicians there, so don't hate.

And yes, wait til the tour is over to buy tour t-shirts...

Final word:

Scandinavian Melodic Death Metal > All

-TFA
Quote by CrazyPigeon
T-shirts at gigs are really expensive. Buy one online if you really want one.

This man speaks the truth.

Also, on the lamb of god thing, i'm gonna see 'em too, it's gonna be insane
On the topic of whiney singers.

Quote by elliott FTW
But not Robb Flynn, he has epic vocal chords (they're made from barbed wire and gaffer tape).

Quote by Sammm1
-sigh-

i can't help but think slipknot are the most fake band out there, no matter how hard they drill it into our skulls.

sure it's supposed to be thrash but all they do is over-do how fast joey can play. in their songs all i can hear is shouting/joey doing the same fast riff he's done in all their songs.
Now, if you listen to CaC and Trivium you'll see they use all their instruments to their max and dont have over 9000 members holding drums beating them like crazy.

Buy that's just my opinion (oh, and i actually like all 3 bands)

I like slipknot because the lyrics are amazing and corey's singing is godly (its getting kinda weird tho). They're not thrash tho, they actually have the easiest riffs most of the time, but joey changes up his drumming a lot, more than the guitar riffs in some songs. I don't know how Corey's shouting (which is probably the best metal vocalist other than Randall Blythe or James Hetfield (sorta)) is comparable to Trivium or Coheed and Cambria (who sound like a heavy-ish falsetto modern rock band). Trivium got boring after their first album to me, they're ok, but i'd rather just go see slipknot.

Plus they came from Iowa, for a metal band to make it back then from iowa shows something.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by TyrsFromAbove37
(If the masks aren't proof enough...then I don't know what is - Fact: Buckethead is the only musician that pulls off the mask)

-TFA

You forgot Daft Punk. They pull off the masks quite well.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by SPBY
I like slipknot because the lyrics are amazing and corey's singing is godly (its getting kinda weird tho). They're not thrash tho, they actually have the easiest riffs most of the time, but joey changes up his drumming a lot, more than the guitar riffs in some songs. I don't know how Corey's shouting (which is probably the best metal vocalist other than Randall Blythe or James Hetfield (sorta)) is comparable to Trivium or Coheed and Cambria (who sound like a heavy-ish falsetto modern rock band). Trivium got boring after their first album to me, they're ok, but i'd rather just go see slipknot.

Plus they came from Iowa, for a metal band to make it back then from iowa shows something.

Ah i see mate.
I think slipknots old stuff is really depressing. Their old masks were depressing also.
Some good songs thogh i just get annoyed by joeys constant 3-4 minuted whole song solos

And get a shirt from the gig, then there's something to sorta remind you of it. It's got some sentimental value when its frm the actual gig
Quote by TyrsFromAbove37
You mean, "Why are Slipknot allowed on the same tour as Trivium and Coheed," Right?

Slipknot is a band with crazed hardcore kids as their following. You're NOT tough or hardcore because you listen to Slipknot, get that through your head. (If the masks aren't proof enough...then I don't know what is - Fact: Buckethead is the only musician that pulls off the mask)

(Now, both their guitar players are good, but are wasting their talent playing that kind of basic, mainstream Nu-metal crap...and Taylor's got a set of pipes on him, but again, he wastes it with such a poser band...his solo stuff is actually decent.)

Trivium have shaped up into a very good band, and the only thing they need to work on are MKH's growls...everything else is damn good for a mainstream band...and Coheed are, well...Coheed. Everything about them is unique, very talented group of musicians there, so don't hate.

And yes, wait til the tour is over to buy tour t-shirts...

Final word:

Scandinavian Melodic Death Metal > All

-TFA

I agree with everything your saying, just not the tone of it. I don't know who thinks they're hardcore because they listen to slipknot, none of my friends go around like "You better step off punk i listen to slipknot". I listen to slipknot because i like it, i know the riffs are simple but i like it, plain and simple. Why do you listen to Trivium? Probably because you like it, i know their guitarists are good it just doesn't do anything for me.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I also agree with the Buckethead thing, i love me some buckethead... i got everything he made, even DCK and I.N.S.E.A.R.C.H.O.F.T.H.E. (all 13 albums of it)

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Sammm1
then there's something to sorta remind you of it. It's got some sentimental value when its frm the actual gig

That's why you keep the ticket stub. No use spending $30+ on a shirt.

Oh, and TS, you're in for a hell of a treat. That show is awesome. They didn't have a whole lot in terms of merch if I recall. Just shirts that you could get anywhere else.
Quote by SPBY

But have you actually LISTENED to Coheed? I mean, sat down and seriously listened? They do some incredible stuff lyrically and instrumentally.
Slipknot is very...unimpressive to me. If the drums change more than guitar riffs then that speaks measures about the majority of the playing.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
municipal waste is amazing, i'd probably be more psyched for them and COB than the other tour itself
Last edited by xstax981 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by We'realltoBlame
But have you actually LISTENED to Coheed? I mean, sat down and seriously listened? They do some incredible stuff lyrically and instrumentally.
Slipknot is very...unimpressive to me. If the drums change more than guitar riffs then that speaks measures about the majority of the playing.

I listened to a couple songs I liked welcome home and some other song that i forget the name of, but the next couple of songs i listened to were...not heavy enough for me. i can appreciate it because i like a lot of music, but i just don't really care to go see them in concert.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by happytimeharry
That's why you keep the ticket stub. No use spending $30+ on a shirt.

Oh, and TS, you're in for a hell of a treat. That show is awesome. They didn't have a whole lot in terms of merch if I recall. Just shirts that you could get anywhere else.

Good point.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
First off kid, learn about Municipal Waste, and then go listen to some more good metal. Secondly, scalp the Slipknot, Trivium and Coheed tickets, and buy something nice for yourself before you go see Municipal Waste, Bodom, and God Forbid.

Coheed is good, but the other bands on the bill would make the entire night misery for me.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
First off kid, learn about Municipal Waste, and then go listen to some more good metal. Secondly, scalp the Slipknot, Trivium and Coheed tickets, and buy something nice for yourself before you go see Municipal Waste, Bodom, and God Forbid.

Coheed is good, but the other bands on the bill would make the entire night misery for me.

I love slipknot, don't care how many people say they suck, i'm not scalping them

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
I listened to a couple songs I liked welcome home and some other song that i forget the name of, but the next couple of songs i listened to were...not heavy enough for me. i can appreciate it because i like a lot of music, but i just don't really care to go see them in concert.

You'll be pleasantly surprised with their performance, dude. They are great live.

I will say one thing though, since it was pretty obvious when I saw them last week. It's pretty hard to get into their performance if you aren't already a Coheed fan or are surrounded by more than like, 10 of them. It's a whole different show when they're headlining.
Quote by SPBY
I love slipknot, don't care how many people say they suck, i'm not scalping them

So, here i was about to tell you off for some failure of a Hot Topic regular, but then i saw you like Skynyrd, and several other good bands.

So now i'll just ask, why in the hell do you let Slipknot taint the same iPod, iTunes library, CD player, or whatever you use to listen to your music, that you use to run good music through?
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by happytimeharry
You'll be pleasantly surprised with their performance, dude. They are great live.

I will say one thing though, since it was pretty obvious when I saw them last week. It's pretty hard to get into their performance if you aren't already a Coheed fan or are surrounded by more than like, 10 of them. It's a whole different show when they're headlining.

I'll give them a chance, but they're not a reason im going

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by p o e
So, here i was about to tell you off for some failure of a Hot Topic regular, but then i saw you like Skynyrd, and several other good bands.

So now i'll just ask, why in the hell do you let Slipknot taint the same iPod, iTunes library, CD player, or whatever you use to listen to your music, that you use to run good music through?

Becaues they're brutal... I need to update my favorite artists list....its like 50 bands short...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
Becaues they're brutal... I need to update my favorite artists list....its like 50 bands short...

I just love hearing that, "They're brutal!" Seriously, i love that.

Dude, saying that Slipknot is brutal is like saying that Axl Rose is cool, or that Avril Lavigne is the next Hendrix.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e
I just love hearing that, "They're brutal!" Seriously, i love that.

Dude, saying that Slipknot is brutal is like saying that Axl Rose is cool, or that Avril Lavigne is the next Hendrix.

haha, ok um....let's see, i love the lyrics, the guitar is repetetive i know but i like its slow heavy, chugging sound, the druming of jordison is amazing, corey's vocals are unmatched...that's how i see it, so i love it.

I completely disagree with the other two comments tho. Axl is a douche and no amount of free dr. pepper would make me buy his 10+ year craplist he calls an album (although the first album was good), and Avril is no where near and will never equal the guitar skills of even Hendrix's teeth.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
haha, ok um....let's see, i love the lyrics, the guitar is repetetive i know but i like its slow heavy, chugging sound, the druming of jordison is amazing, corey's vocals are unmatched...that's how i see it, so i love it.

I completely disagree with the other two comments tho. Axl is a douche and no amount of free dr. pepper would make me buy his 10+ year craplist he calls an album (although the first album was good), and Avril is no where near and will never equal the guitar skills of even Hendrix's teeth.

Avril will never equal his guitar skills he had playing with his anus while fast asleep driving a dune buggy across mars.

But Slipknot has such... So so lyrics, and every song is about the same damned bunch of lameness.

*coughcough...* "I HATE MY LIFE, I EAT DEAD THINGS, MY FARTS CURE CANCER!!!"
Anyone like my impersonation?
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e
Avril will never equal his guitar skills he had playing with his anus while fast asleep driving a dune buggy across mars.

But Slipknot has such... So so lyrics, and every song is about the same damned bunch of lameness.

*coughcough...* "I HATE MY LIFE, I EAT DEAD THINGS, MY FARTS CURE CANCER!!!"
Anyone like my impersonation?

Actually some of their songs go into person stuff, they just do it in a way that it keeps its heaviness

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by digger35
The kid likes Slipknot, deal with it. Jesus Christ, metal elitists these days

I'm not a metal elitist, i'm an all around elitist.

Jeez man, get it straight, my Jerry Lee Lewis avatar isnt just for his swarthy facial expression.

Quote by SPBY
Actually some of their songs go into person stuff, they just do it in a way that it keeps its heaviness

Dude, i know, i used to worship them when i was 14. I'm just trying, rudely, to get the point made that they basically fail at not only metal, but at music in general.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Last edited by p o e at Jan 31, 2009,
I'm sorry, I've got to ask. Are you trolling? Most of the bands you mentioned are, just, terrible.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I'm sorry, I've got to ask. Are you trolling? Most of the bands you mentioned are, just, terrible.

Me? Or TS?
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
wow, whats with the Elitists here?

It's MUSIC people, get it through your heads. It's something that people listen to for entertainment, and people have varrying tastes in entertainment. now just to piss off you elitists (it's true also)

I listen to fall out Boy
I listen to Panic at the Disco
I listen to Slipknot
I listen to Trivium
I listen to My Chemical Romance
I listen to Metallica
I listen to Megadeth
I listen to (Insert Metalcore Band that gets flamed)
4 of those suck, IN MY OPINION. try to guess which ones.

and FOB sucks because Pete Wentz is an ass. Without him, they may be promoted to 'ok' in my book
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"