i use cubase... and ive never looked back... it might take a week or 2 for you to fully understand how it will work but it is a brilliant recording program! i used it at school thus why i love it so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yes, yes it is!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Cubse comes for free on many digitech products, and Lexicon products too. It's software is great, modular and can be expaneded in the future. You can buy plug-ins, effects, etc. It can be WAY more cost-effective than pedals when recording.

The learning curve on it, however, means that people with ADHD, people who don't give a sh*t or people who simply don't really care about really recording decent music will hate it.

Not to say that there isn't better programs out there. Universal Audio, for example is great. But very, very expensive. I bought a $150 Lambda Lexicon interface and it came with it free.

I've been messing with it for 3 months, and I'm STILL learning new stuff all the time.

Works best with Vista and all the ram you can throw at it, makes editing times faster.
cubase
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Cybase comes with Alesis and Yamaha. I just bought a new Yamaha usb mixer today and I'm addicted to recording and editing(kinda pathetic eh?) I would highly reccomend Cubase to anyone.
Quote by doommaker
Yes project to the internet that you pirate software, that's REALLY intelligent.

So yes it is worth it. 150 isnt much.

He was talking about these kind of pirates

not this kind

Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
If i purchase cubase 4 do i need a new sound card or any mics?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by seymour_jackson

You shouldn't what is your current setup?
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by seymour_jackson

For $179 plus tax, you can get the Lexicon Lambda for your computer, and it comes with cubase LE4 for free. So that means you get a USB interface where you can hook up 2 inputs, and have loop feeds to effects PLUS have monitor outs, PLUS a headset out with monitor blending into it all for under $200. If you plan on spending more than $100 for the software, consider getting the Lexicon Lambda.
May I suggest another interface that comes with Cubase Le4 as well as other software.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMu-0404-USB-2.0-Recording-Interface?sku=242516

or
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMu-0202-USB-2.0-Audio-interface?sku=240552

You will want a mic to. Shure sm57
Quote by seymour_jackson

Depends.... what do you have now?

And.... if you take it semi-seriously.... you *always* need more mics.

Cubase is awesome. I bought the full version back when it was VST 3.6, and have continued to keep it up-to-date. I don't have Cubase 5 yet, but I'm sure I will get it. I've not once regretted my purchase.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Cubase LE is free with some hardware that is less than $150 (interfaces for instance) and its pretty good for most things.
I got the lexicon lambda for 179 with a line in/out wire so i can record with my JSX.

The only thing is it says that Cubase 4 LE might not be compatabile with XP. did anyone install it anywasy and it still worked?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=880&L=1

There's a link at the bottom to download the instruction pdf, but by all indications, it is made for XP and Vista.

A friend of mine has LE 4 that came bundled with his Tascam 144.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote by seymour_jackson
I got the lexicon lambda for 179 with a line in/out wire so i can record with my JSX.

The only thing is it says that Cubase 4 LE might not be compatabile with XP. did anyone install it anywasy and it still worked?

It does work with XP, for me atleast.
I recently bought the PreSonus' firebox and it came with Cubase LE 4. It works perfectly fine.
Quote by Rockon914
piracy is almost always non regrettable

PsychomanZ in 5,4,3,2...

And IMHO, it's best to master one software until you hit the limitations. Honestly, I'd go for Ableton Live LE for composing, or start getting high-quality plugins. Voxengo, iZotope, and Tritone are great places to start, before you hit Waves, SSL, and UAD.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
PsychomanZ in 5,4,3,2...

I'm not usually far behind him, but I'm in one of my 'it seems to be too hard for anyone who hasn't created anything of value to appreciate' kind of moods.

CT