Hey guys.

im ecstatic right now..

i just bought a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR off ebay for 800 australian dollars (555 US).
In billy hydes music, which is the only store in australia that sells schecters, it is 1700 australian dollars.

if u figure that out i saved 900 dollars. Thats more than a half price saving!

so everyone, i urge you, if you are getting a new guitar, buy it off EBAY!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Jan 31, 2009,
Wow I live in Australia and that is the exact guitar I've been looking at. I want to try it first but I don't even know if you can at Billy Hyde. >.<
I wouldn't worry too much about a Schecter, but you do have to be careful buying other guitars on eFee. Too many people have been ripped off, buying vintage guitars - and even newer ones, only to find out it's a fake.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
... Isn't that why people always say look used?

It's new =)
Quote by Mad Marius
You should've looked back when our dollar was buying like 90 US cents.
I got my Line 6 Toneport KB37 for $220 including shipping when here it was $629 at Kosmic.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
TS is just flat out wrong.

Besides the fact that it's easy to get ripped off on sites like ebay, buying online keeps you from playing the guitar before you buy it. Everyone around here should know that no guitar is the same as every other guitar, and you have to try this stuff out before you buy it.
Quote by Sharck
TS is just flat out wrong.

Besides the fact that it's easy to get ripped off on sites like ebay, buying online keeps you from playing the guitar before you buy it. Everyone around here should know that no guitar is the same as every other guitar, and you have to try this stuff out before you buy it.

I doubt schecter has much variation in the way their guitars feel, though.

Anyways, TS, i just discovered that the sun is at the center of the solar system!
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123

Anyways, TS, i just discovered that the sun is at the center of the universe!

I think you mean center of the SOLAR SYSTEM.

Some ebay sellers are pretty safe, i.e. the ones with heaps of good feedback.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I doubt schecter has much variation in the way their guitars feel, though.

Go play two Schecters of the same model, they are going to be different. I'm surprised there are people in these forums who don't understand this kind of thing.
Quote by Sharck
Go play two Schecters of the same model, they are going to be different. I'm surprised there are people in these forums who don't understand this kind of thing.

Fwi, i have tried plenty of schecters.

006, c-1+, c-1 and c-7 hellraisers, and c-1 classic.

They all felt pretty similar and more so with the same models. If you like one schecter's feel, chances are you'll like most of the rest of them.
let me lerns u guyz a bater way 4 cheep gutar, it iz call ed ask mumy annnddd daddy! they gave you the moneys and u payez nothingness at all!!! dats how I gotsted me sum crushing overdraive!!!!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
let me lerns u guyz a bater way 4 cheep gutar, it iz call ed ask mumy annnddd daddy! they gave you the moneys and u payez nothingness at all!!! dats how I gotsted me sum crushing overdraive!!!!

A marhsall ms-2 is crushing overdrive? Join the big boys and pay for your things yourself like an adult.
Quote by Mad Marius
Yeah I got my C-1 Classic off Ebay, $1100 shipped. Once again, Billy Hyde is $1700-1800. Seller had like 1000 feedback, so you know he's legit.

Schecters are set up in USA anyway, and I've heard nothing but good stories about them in terms of quality and consistency. Mine is beautiful. I wouldn't buy a cheap guitar off Ebay, but once you're out of the **** categories, you'd be pretty unlucky to get a dud, I'd think.
Quote by SOADriff
A marhsall ms-2 is crushing overdrive? Join the big boys and pay for your things yourself like an adult.

Congratulations!

You managed to allow an obvious sarcastic remark to go straight over your head!
Quote by Sharck

not really.

it's less of a difference now that everything is mass manufactured.

when everything was still handmade, but now it's extremely unlikely for there to be a noticeable difference.

sure you might get a dodgy one that's slipped through QC but with the laws we have today getting a replacement isn't a problem.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
would be a good idea, but most of the time when i look, the guitar style and brand i want seem to be more expensive than buying in the music store.

Gibson if yuori nterested in what im on about.

PLUS: biggest problem with ebay, how do you know that this mega-bargain isnt damaged, or the fretboard isnt warped, or that it isnt just a fake? fake guitars sre getting to look more and more real and its getting increasingly hard to spot fakes.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Feb 3, 2009,
Quote by Silver-spear94
PLUS: biggest problem with ebay, how do you know that this mega-bargain isnt damaged, or the fretboard isnt warped, or that it isnt just a fake? fake guitars sre getting to look more and more real and its getting increasingly hard to spot fakes.

Its from the no.1 ebay instrument seller on ebay, nationalmusicsupply, they have tons of good feedback, and plus i would highly doubt anyone would be making fake schecters, i mean sure maybe gibson or ibanez but not shecter. they arent well known enough.
Quote by Mad Marius
Quote by SOADriff
Hey guys.

im ecstatic right now..

i just bought a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR off ebay for 800 australian dollars (555 US).
In billy hydes music, which is the only store in australia that sells schecters, it is 1700 australian dollars.

if u figure that out i saved 900 dollars. Thats more than a half price saving!

so everyone, i urge you, if you are getting a new guitar, buy it off EBAY!

OMGZ U DiD???/? I jus Figrd out teh EArTHZooRZ was ROund!!!111!!
seriously man ebays been around for ages.
Edit: I just noticed this is an old thread.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!