Recently I made a trade for a guitar
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1046369
(please read first post)

Without telling me to ask guitar center myself,
1. does guitar center buy guitars?
2. what would i get for the guitar in the link
3. would they even buy it with one pickup
4. would they consider the upgraded Pups
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/sh4_jb_model/

Well, I dont play guitar, and im finished with my recording needs, and i need a new bass amp. Basically, would this guitar get me 400 dollars when it sells for 600?

Well, basically now, the question comes down to where i could get more: GC, or a pawn shop.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Last edited by PluckU at Jan 31, 2009,
1. Yes. So does Musician's Friend.
2. Unknown. Depends on the market demand for the guitar, its condition and other factors.
3. Possibly.
4. Possibly.

Depends on what the guitar sells for brand new.
Quote by KG6_Steven
1. Yes. So does Musician's Friend.
2. Unknown. Depends on the market demand for the guitar, its condition and other factors.
3. Possibly.
4. Possibly.

Depends on what the guitar sells for brand new.

I said it sells 600 new which probably means they would sell it for 400 which probably means they need a profit, which probably means i think i might get 300 idk. did i solve my problem with this sudden epiphany? maybe...
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
1. does guitar center buy guitars? yes
2. what would i get for the guitar in the link? I would say 400-500$ at the right store or pawn shop
3. would they even buy it with one pickup? probly yes
4. would they consider the upgraded Pups? again probly yes
You'd be lucky to get $200 from Guitar Center for it, if you install the neck pickup. If you leave the neck pickup out, I doubt they'd take it. They won't sell it for $600 used, maybe $400 at most, so you're looking at getting $200 or less since they only give you half of what they're going to sell it for.

You're better off selling it elsewhere or trading it in, as I think they may give a little more for a trade-in.
Last edited by ccmu at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by ccmu
You'd be lucky to get $200 from Guitar Center for it, if you install the neck pickup. If you leave the neck pickup out, I doubt they'd take it. They won't sell it for $600 used, maybe $400 at most, so you're looking at getting $200 or less since they only give you half of what they're going to sell it for.

lol technically, it was free, and if you did not read above posts, it sells 600 new
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
If it sells for $600, you'll probably be lucky to get $300 to $350 for it. Again, this depends on the condition of the guitar. Any fret wear, scratches, dings, fretboard wear will drop the price. They'll probably turn around and sell it for $350 to $400. Don't forget that most guitar shops will haggle on the price a little. A new guitar that sells for $600 can usually be bought for $475 to $500.

Edit: My bad. You removed a pickup from the guitar? You'll be lucky if they take it at all.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by KG6_Steven
If it sells for $600, you'll probably be lucky to get $300 to $350 for it. Again, this depends on the condition of the guitar. Any fret wear, scratches, dings, fretboard wear will drop the price. They'll probably turn around and sell it for $350 to $400. Don't forget that most guitar shops will haggle on the price a little. A new guitar that sells for $600 can usually be bought for $475 to $500.

Edit: My bad. You removed a pickup from the guitar? You'll be lucky if they take it at all.

I didnt take it off, but i can put it back on
Quote by Azgirio

Quote by LordBishek
Quote by PluckU
lol technically, it was free, and if you did not read above posts, it sells 600 new

I am aware. They will only sell it for $400, though, and they will only give you $200. Though it didn't cost you anything, I would still recommend going somewhere else to sell it. Heck, try Craigslist. You'll get more for it.