i have been playing guitar for about 15yrs, these last few years i barely touched my guitar from lack of interest and really no one i know but me plays music.

so today i bought myself a new guitar, PRS SE custom, this is a hell of alot nicer than my old Epiphone Dot Deluxe i have been using the past 10yrs but the problem is i lost A LOT of my playing ability from lack of playing in general, my solo skills and chord changing took such a nose dive i feel very uncomfortable playing in front of people.

so i am asking for help to get myself back into things.....

i know my some scales and do practice them, i suck hard coming back up and dont have much speed going down and lets even forget about improvising a solo i sound like a begginner.

i can still rip it up on power chords no problem but that is only so much fun.

im trying some tabs and playing along doing some easier stuff, right now im learning some Paramore songs which are pretty easy and the leads arent that hard but my fingers get jumbled together making me frustrated.

its sucks knowing i lost 5yrs of playing and making it hard to come back but i am determined to do so, what to you people do when your stuck in a rut and feel lost?
i usually take a few days rest, obviously resting (for 5 years) seems to be your major problem

if im stuck, i would just listen to different types of music continously for 4-5 hours a day for a week. some how this manages to get me up for breakfast, so to speak
ive tried all that and just seem stuck where im at, feel like nothing ever progresses and ill never get further than where im at.

oh wells keep playing right?
I took a 3-ish year break after playing for a couple years and started again last summer. I'm FAR better than I ever was. Just play, and if you're dedicated you'll improve.
Quote by invision2212
ive tried all that and just seem stuck where im at, feel like nothing ever progresses and ill never get further than where im at.

oh wells keep playing right?

Just stay dedicated to it and you will see progress if you give it some time and you need to have alot of the most important thing for any guitarist PATIENCE.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i did play for quite some time today and did feel a lot more comfortable, the new guitar feels, plays and sounds awesome maybe this is what i needed to begin with as i hated my Epiphone and it was way to bulky for me.

more than likely just going to sell it and invest into the big pedal board for my Line 6 amp as i lost the cheap channel switch pedal when i moved, i may just buy a processor pedal instead it really depends i havent gone gear hunting in for ever and the PRS i bought yesterday was kind of a whim of the moment spur.